Stray Fawn Community

Deaf Gene

SkipTheMayonnaise

I think that there should be a gene that is right next to the ear type, it has 2 genes you could get-:(Hearing;No effects but you can hear things) or (Deaf; you loose all your hearing; your ear size does not change) I think it is a great idea! (Ex; this nicheling LOOKS like it can hear; but it's deaf)

Cuter then the last one.PNG

• Like 3
  • Paw up 1

17 replies to this post

I like this idea. I mean we already have a gene for blindness, so it'd be nice if we had an equivalent for the ear genes. 

Deaf people are usually very visually oriented so maybe add +2 seeing and +1 smelling to the deaf ears? Because the blind eyes give +2 smelling and +1 hearing, so the deaf ears could give a bonus to seeing instead. 

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 5:47 PM, Duplodragon said:

I like this. It could also give a little boost to smelling and hearing like the Blind Eyes.

I take it you mean smelling and sight? :D A boost to the other senses would be good

On 5/12/2019 at 3:44 PM, BirdsAreCool said:

I don't think that would really affect gameplay seeing as most nichelings can't do much with their voice

Oh right sorry, but i think that I found a disability gene idea that might be interesting: the “limp gene”; what do you think?

On 5/13/2019 at 11:24 PM, giugirl said:

Oh right sorry, but i think that I found a disability gene idea that might be interesting: the “limp gene”; what do you think?

I have no idea how you would want it to work so I can't really give an opinion on it. Do you mean a gene for the hindlegs like the crippled paw or an injury that can be aquired? I think it would be interesting as some sort of injury, but I'm not really sure about a gene

4 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

I have no idea how you would want it to work so I can't really give an opinion on it. Do you mean a gene for the hindlegs like the crippled paw or an injury that can be aquired? I think it would be interesting as some sort of injury, but I'm not really sure about a gene

Yes this is what I meant to say, do you have any idea how the creatures with a limp would be like having a 50% random chance that the creature will either move normally or slowly in the next turn

15 hours ago, giugirl said:

Yes this is what I meant to say, do you have any idea how the creatures with a limp would be like having a 50% random chance that the creature will either move normally or slowly in the next turn

I'm still a bit confused. How would a nicheling get a limp? Would it be a birth defect or an injury that could be aquired? Would it be caused by a specific gene? If so, what type of gene would it be; paws or hindlegs? What effects would a limp have on a nicheling? Would they be slowed down by their injury/defect or would it have some other effect? Imo we have plenty of problematic genes, but being able to gain an injury that would affect your nichelings lifestyle would be pretty interesting and would add something new to the game. I'm pretty sure there's been a suggestion for this sort of thing before, you could maybe search for it and see if it has anything similar to your idea

6 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

I'm still a bit confused. How would a nicheling get a limp? Would it be a birth defect or an injury that could be aquired? Would it be caused by a specific gene? If so, what type of gene would it be; paws or hindlegs? What effects would a limp have on a nicheling? Would they be slowed down by their injury/defect or would it have some other effect? Imo we have plenty of problematic genes, but being able to gain an injury that would affect your nichelings lifestyle would be pretty interesting and would add something new to the game. I'm pretty sure there's been a suggestion for this sort of thing before, you could maybe search for it and see if it has anything similar to your idea

Yes I meant that this is a birth defect, and this can slow the nicheling down in some turns if they born with this

On 2/1/2019 at 7:06 PM, SkipTheMayonnaise said:

I think that there should be a gene that is right next to the ear type, it has 2 genes you could get-:(Hearing;No effects but you can hear things) or (Deaf; you loose all your hearing; your ear size does not change) I think it is a great idea! (Ex; this nicheling LOOKS like it can hear; but it's deaf)

Cuter then the last one.PNG

lol you called it tipped nicheling??

Guest SilverTheNicheling
1 minute ago, SkipTheMayonnaise said:

I just noticed this has 40 votes 🦊

Thanks!

You're welcome! :)