Stray Fawn Community

The Scariest 20 minutes of my life

Aether

Um... We just had a tornado warning in TN

I have Lilapsophobia and astraphobia The fear of Tornadoes and Thunder/Lightning.

I cried and now my limbs are numb...

HeLp 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitten said:

aw rest in piece

well atleast

your person

DIDNT FORGET TO STRAP YOU TO THE HANG GLIDER 

At least I wasn't on that hang glider and in a tornado I would have a heartattack before 20 and before the storm could

Oh. wait I also have

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia fear of the number of the beast...

Im not scared of that word though (if you do then you have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia fear of long words (Why is it such a long word then??))

6 hours ago, Jojo said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope nothing serious happens in your area

A house flipped over somewhere. The people in it are alive b/c they are sueing someone. You have to be alive for that.

Other than that there was a lot of flooding, some schools closed because of it. Other than that, we are fine (1 person died to the flooding though :'(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aetherskye said:

A house flipped over somewhere. The people in it are alive b/c they are sueing someone. You have to be alive for that.

Other than that there was a lot of flooding, some schools closed because of it. Other than that, we are fine (1 person died to the flooding though :'(

Glad to hear that you are alright!

My only phobia is Gephyrophobia, fear of bridges. 

THEY'RE TERRIFYING

i mean what if they fall. it's happened before and how do they withstand all those cars anyway? i was on one once when i was 10 in the middle of a remote swamp and it almost broke WHYYYYYYY 

• Like 3

I mean if were talking about phobias now I guess I should say I have an unreasonable fear of bees and flies, and I will not hesistate to run away screaming if a bee flies into my room. also I hate big spiders (but tiny ones are really cute)

I mean I guess the scariest moment of my life was when we went on the first ever walk around the park area when we moved into my dad's new house (I would've been 7) and we went to this field place thing which is around the harbour I live on (were so lucky to live there, its literally a 30 second walk away) and obviously it gets really muddy. my sister, who is basically a stick insect who has somehow climbed multiple mountains when she was 13 so she can essentially teleport herself wherever she wants to go, and she used this to run fast as hell over some mud from one bit of dry land to another. she told me to do it too, and I went to do it after some peer pressure thinking "I mean its just some mud if I got stuck it wouldn't even get past my wellies"

looking back now, I facepalm at the "I would only sink halfway past my shins" moment because oH BOY

I GOT STUCK AND SUNK DOWN TO MY WAIST

I obviously started screaming and my dad pulled me out, and one of my wellies are still stuck in that mud to this day (which is roughly 6 years later)

thankfully I only had to walk around like some scooby doo monster reject for like a minute and then I got home and had a shower

and that's it

also I guess when it snowed last march my mum made us take a bus to try and get somewhere to do sledding but obviously the bus had to stop after a while and we were forced to walk to my auntie's house and I swear to god I was about to keel over and die in the cold and im pretty sure I just fell asleep and sleepwalked half the way and when I got into my aunties house I just rubbed myself against a radiator (which usually burns you after touching it too long) for about 10 minutes and that was one of the happiest moments of my life

also theres probably the time I was pushed backwards off a giant tree stump and bent my finger so far back it broke, but that didn't scare me it just hurt like hell except for the fact that the person who pushed me (who is now my best friend lmao) insists I hit my head against a root of the tree stump even though I have no memory of hitting my head, just falling off and having a tiny headache and, you know, a broken finger

ok I just realised I wrote an entire essay so sorry about that lol

• Like 2

I think I have emetophobia...which is a fear of vomiting. I also have a fear of passing out. The problem with having this phobia is, if someone feels sick I have an anxiety attack which makes me feel sick and then I freak even more so it's just an upward spiral

rip

I am also TERRIFIED of tornadoes. And tsunamis/big waves. Just those two specifically. Idk why. 

I remember when I was little and lived in Chicago, there was a tornado warning for our city. Our neighbors came into our basement coz they didn't have one. All the other kids were playing with lego duplos like they didn't care but I was petrified!

• Like 1

My worst fears are mundane.  I'm not inordinately afraid of heights, (like to climb, to the point where I once had my own ropes and harness,) not afraid of bees, or violence, not more than normal, at least.  But I get crippling anxiety when I might let someone down.  It's almost self-fulfilling.

The worst 45 minutes of my life were literally my drivers license test. I felt like I was about to die. Driving manual is fucking hard!!! ( I know it is silly but that was the moment).

Apart from that I don't think I have any phobias. I am kinda an adrenaline junky so usually looking for excitement.

1 hour ago, Jojo said:

Apart from that I don't think I have any phobias. I am kinda an adrenaline junky so usually looking for excitement.

I think the most common fears in this world aren't bees or heights or dogs, but fear of social interaction, fear of conflict, fear of failure.    They're normal, but because they apply to such common situations they can be more crippling than even most crippling phobias, like agoraphobia.

1 hour ago, Lurkily said:

I think the most common fears in this world aren't bees or heights or dogs, but fear of social interaction, fear of conflict, fear of failure.    They're normal, but because they apply to such common situations they can be more crippling than even most crippling phobias, like agoraphobia.

I must partially disagree with you there. A phobia is always worse than a fear. A fear you usually overcome (more or less easily) a fear can show up every day without crippling you. A phobia usually needs therapy to go away depending on which degree it is and is crippling, can cause panic attacs etc. (While fears can do that phobias are worse).

I'm not saying everyone who is afraid of commitment faces a fear comparable to those crippled by phobias -- I just think atychiphobia (fear of failure) is more common than, say, melissophobia (fear of bees), and because it's a fear everybody has, people just write it off as NormalFear+, instead of getting the help and diagnosis they need - or get diagnosed under an umbrella, like social anxiety.