Stray Fawn Community

My bad experiences with wasps/hornets.

Broken

So, me and my parents were driving to Disneyworld, it was a 2 day trip, and then a wasp flew into the car! I was freaking out since I was extremely scared of them, but I didn't freak out that much, since I know bees, or hornets, or wasps will sting you if you freak out. Then, we killed it. But a couple hours later, it started flying around the car... Again.

So, yeah. That happened. But then...

When I was packing up to move, I noticed a dead wasp or hornet near the door of my bedroom. So I backed up to the edge, and then, I saw its leg move. Then it started getting up. I started yelling so much, it just got almost all the way up, then my Dad came and killed it. And like I said, I'm scared of hornets/wasps so yeah...

If you had anything happen like this to you, with any bug, please share it! Or don't!

I was stung once by a bee too... but I was running around in a flower field barefoot so yeah. Otherwhise I never had any bad experiences with wasps, hornets or bees. My mom always told me to stay still, not angry them and they will go away and I kept to that rule and never was stung.

We even once had a wasp nest in our garden. No one was ever stung. Sometimes they would steal food when we were eating in the garden but we left them alone and they left us alone. That was actually really freaky because they would carry off chunks of meat bigger than themselves!

Similar thing happened this summer. They were feeding off of our fruit rests in the garden and would sometimes fly into the kitchen. We either trapped them in a glass and brought them outside or shooed them outside with a kitchen towel.

So yeah no bad experiences. I am all for live and let live :)

I've been stung by a wasp before. It... doesn't actually hurt that much? Part of the reason people freak out so much is because it scares the life outta people when you just kinda lowkey feel like you just got stabbed with a needle and then the adrenaline kicks in... yeah.

I was answering the front door for my neighbor (with my dad and sis cuz i was kinda young, maybe 9 or 10) and he was inviting us to his house so we could play games and stuff in his backyard. On my front porch, we have this hollowed out lamp thing that hangs right above the porch canopy and there was a wasp nest inside. So my dad, sister, and I were talking to my neighbor when a wasp just flew on down and stung me right through the shirt. Being young, I panicked cause I didn't know what just happened... and uhhhh yea
In the end I still got to go to my neighbor's house and we had a really intense nerf gun battle in the back yard lol

Also I freak people out by holding bees

not wasps or hornets, bees

because you can literally just pick them up (i dont recommend if you panic easily) and they really wont... do anything... unless you panic or somethin then boom you're screwed.

Just

don't pick up bees kids

unlike my stupid self

just dont do it

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

I've been stung by a wasp before. It... doesn't actually hurt that much? Part of the reason people freak out so much is because it scares the life outta people when you just kinda lowkey feel like you just got stabbed with a needle and then the adrenaline kicks in... yeah.

I was answering the front door for my neighbor (with my dad and sis cuz i was kinda young, maybe 9 or 10) and he was inviting us to his house so we could play games and stuff in his backyard. On my front porch, we have this hollowed out lamp thing that hangs right above the porch canopy and there was a wasp nest inside. So my dad, sister, and I were talking to my neighbor when a wasp just flew on down and stung me right through the shirt. Being young, I panicked cause I didn't know what just happened... and uhhhh yea
In the end I still got to go to my neighbor's house and we had a really intense nerf gun battle in the back yard lol

Also I freak people out by holding bees

not wasps or hornets, bees

because you can literally just pick them up (i dont recommend if you panic easily) and they really wont... do anything... unless you panic or somethin then boom you're screwed.

Just

don't pick up bees kids

unlike my stupid self

just dont do it

Once my sister found a bee and it wasn’t flying and she held it and freaked out my mom because my dad is allergic and she doesn’t know if we are.

The bee was probably a dying drone but whatever. 

I have only been stung once, very recently. I was leaning on a fence looking at our friends neighbors horses. There was a Yellowjacket nest in one of the holes in the fence. Then a random sharp sting went through my hand and then my finger got all red and puffy but luckily I was okay and had no allergic reaction :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

i was stung by a wasp ages ago, but about 2 years ago on a camping trip with guides (this is when i broke my finger) a bee flew into my ear and whilst i tried to pull it out it stung me

it flew into your ear!? How does that happen!!

• Haha 1

When I was a small kid wasps always stung me in my neck when I was eating.

So sometimes I had revenge by destroying their nest with sticks. Surprisingly I was never stung when destroying their nests.

I dont hate bees, only wasps.

When I was 4 I was sitting at the breakfast table with my family on the balcony.
A wasp was flying around and I was scared.
My mom told me to just be quiet and sit still, so I did that.
That *** wasp flew right in my face and stung me right below the eye.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I. Hate. Wasps. So. Much.

Bees? They're cute and fuzzy (from a safe distance)! And they help with pollination!

Ants? Awesome little hard workers!

Snakes? Super cool! (I saw a garter snake once, and I thought it was kinda cute... Am I weird?)

Spiders? Meh. They can be kinda neat. And I don't think we have super dangerous venomous ones where I live (I feel lucky...).

But wasps? No. Absolutely NOT. I will literally run if I see something flying and yellow that remotely resembles a wasp. (I'm fine with pictures though.) I've never even been stung :/.

...Does this count as a phobia? Probably not, but...

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, TundraKitsune said:

But wasps? No. Absolutely NOT. I will literally run if I see something flying and yellow that remotely resembles a wasp. (I'm fine with pictures though.) I've never even been stung :/.

It would count as a phobia.. it’s just hard to control for me in my opinion, and I’d be screaming and running away like heck if I saw one! Dx

Guest SilverTheNicheling

So I’ve never been stung myself, but I don’t ever EVER want to experience it, getting stung will leave me embarrassed for the rest of my life... I’m stronger than a bee and wasp!