Stray Fawn Community

Hamilton the Musical

Broken

I listened to it once but honestly I didn't really understand anything, also I probably don't like it because I'm from england (and they're the main enemy for some of it) 

i guess my favourite songs satisfied? 

In order to enjoy foreign films, I've had to thicken my skin against attitudes towards the U.S., as well. :) It helps, though, that I understand most of those attitudes, though it is still a bit much when the caricatures are too ridiculous or cruel.  But then, that would be a weak showing in a film regardless of the target.

I think it helps to remember that imperialist England is a somewhat different country than Modern England.

• Like 2

I listen to it a lot (like right now), but I don't have the money to go see it...so I just watch bootlegs on youtube :( For some reason I LOVE the depressing and "bad" songs like;

The Reynolds Pamphlet, Washington On Your Side, The World Was Wide Enough, etc.

my favorite character is a tie between Jefferson, Madison, and Burr. Mainly because I hate Hamilton, but Jefferson is so sassy and I just LOVE that, Madison is one of my favorite presidents in real life, and Burr's story is just depressing, so...

EDIT: how did I forget Right Hand Man?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...