Stray Fawn Community

Switzerland has arrived

mhiahia

New nations/armies/fan clubs are appearing out of nowhere. Maybe you've already joined them - but maybe you've noticed something strange: Almost all of them are ruled by one mighty leader, not a trace of democracy can be found - what can we do against it? We hereby send our excuses to the dear Bonala, as we fools forgot to mention that the Niche States of America have been democratic centuries before us.

You may join the best newest nation of them all: Switzerland.

We are a democratic nation that follows the basic idea of switzerland (which may be simplified at some points). Allow us to explain.

Switzerland consists of different cantons (packs) who all have their own constitution (no values against the national constitution), their own government, their own police and their own courts.

Our government consists of a parliament, where every canton sends two nichelings. Those nichelings elect the federal council, consisting of four nichelings, of which each is in command of one of those four departments:

- department for foreign countries: This department has the task of maintaining the relations with all the other nations.

-department for the population: This department is responsible for weather, culture, medicine and obviously, the happiness of the population.

-department of justice and police: This department cares about the safety of the country and immigration

-department of protection: This department takes care of the military

If you want to change the constitution, you may start an initiative. The initiative is successful if the majority of the parliament and the population accept it (voting).

Of course we are neutral towards everyone.

Voting and electing:

For cantons, the "founder" may decide about the elected parliament members, except if there are any immigrated nichelings. These can apply for a parliament position if they want to.

For the federal council, every nicheling can declare himself/herself a candidate. They can try to convince others to elect them. The federal council gets elected regularly (I'm not too sure about the time span in between. Give me ideas)

Joining

Cantons

In case you feel like joining, please enter one of your packs using the following form. Each canton is a island, all together form the territory of switzerland.

Name (required)

territory (required) How does your island look? What kind of food is found there? If you're as lazy as I am, just say what kind of island it is.

sigil (optional) picture and explanation. If you'd like to, you can also create some signature words.

two nichelings for the parliament (required) pictures, character, way of thinking (conservative, liberal, etc)

constitution (optional)

government (required) Between three and ten nichelings, their character, their way of thinking

The amount of time after which a new government gets elected (required) You can decide this freely, and also vary the time, but if you want to change it, every member has to be replaced.

Population: describe how the population looks, talks, their rituals, etc.

Nichelings

Name:

Family:

Reason for emigration:

Age (you decide freely):

Occupation (this can go from manager to berry picker to nothing):

Home island:

Picture of the nicheling, preferably with genes:

Canton he/she wants to go to.

If you apply for a canton, the person responsible may decide about your fate.

Cantons so far:

Bearyen: A Deadly Hills island. Its sigil consists of a bearyena in front of a yellow background that gets red on the borders (basically bern's sigil but with a beryena instead) see what I did there?

The population consists of three main groups:

Winged, dotted nichelings with cracker jaw (youngest population group)

Nichelings with spiky body, bearyena snout, bearyena claws, bearyena ears, mask, black and red brown fur, white pattern and red pattern, pattern shape B, double tiny pattern, double pattern density thick, black megalocerous horns, yellow eyes.

Toxic bodied nichelings with the mask, double pattern density thick, double medium pattern, pattern shape A, sometimes B recessive, cracker jaw, nimble fingers and digging paw, black megalocerous horns, purple eyes.

parliament: 20190125190014_1.thumb.jpg.f3c5fa049370e9ea4fac5ab0522eb5ac.jpg20190125190021_1.thumb.jpg.0c6f2e13f174dfc51724c8900c97e40c.jpg

government: consists of three nichelings who get elected whenever I please (coming soon)

Their customs basically consist of eating toxic berries, killing all annoying wanderers and killing bearyenas to eat them. They all have a really weird two-part name, with the starting letters according to their immunity genes.

Belongs to: Me

(I will edit the rest of this later, I'm just really tired right now)

-----------

I wrote this after having  a spontaneous idea and I don't really have a clue what I just made. Most likely no one will be interested, but I just wanted to write this down. I also apologize for any spelling error, but I can't read correctly anymore. Also, I'm away next week, so most likely I won't answer to posts.

• Like 1

Hey there! Nice to see that another real nation has joined the world of Niche. I would like you to edit your first statement saying they are all ruled by a mighty leader with no democracy, as we, the Niche States of America was first in arriving here in Niche and we have been democratic for centuries. If you correct this, you can join the United Niche Nations, like the UN in real life. Thanks!

-Bonala

Just now, RandomWanderer said:

*Gasp*, the island of reincarnation, undemocratic? Who could ever come to that conclusion? It's not like we don't vote on who should be the next sacrifiece...

You truly are a role model. We apologize if we have offended you.

• Haha 1