Stray Fawn Community

The Pattern Challenge

Basil

long inhale OKAY SO! I've been meaning to post this for a SUUUUPER long time. It's just I never got to it.. then computer issues... then other things... soooooo

Here it is now!

Introducing, the Pattern Challenge.
Here me out on this, it's REALLY HARD TO DO. I attempted to do this while I had my old computer and it just became painful- that's because I did it the painful way but oh well

The Basics

Alright, so time to figure out what this is all about. I'm sure you can at least get a small idea of what it may be from the title..

So, there are four classes.

Patternless, Spots, Stripes, and Mask.

Each class has a different rank on what they should and should not do while dong this challenge. In a way, it's a type of hierarchy, where the lower they go, the more poor they are treated. Biiiiig rip.
This is the order of the hierarchy:

1) Mask
2) Stripes
3) Spots
4) Patternless

Patternless
Patternless Nichelings are your lowest ranked creatures, receiving the omega rank and having their gems green. These guys do all of the dirty work and HAVE to listen to any rank higher than them. These guys must provide food, defend literally everything, clear grass.. and the list goes on. Patternless Nichelings barely breed at all and only breed once they are getting too old or they are ordered to by a higher rank so there can be a decent supply of Patternless creatures to do the work.
Patternless creautres tend to be fearful and nervous, always on edge and fearing the worst from the higher ranks above them. They show as much genuine respect as possible in hopes they do not have to get banished. Patternless Nichelings are also very secretive. These guys have the ability to create dense grass labyrinths to escape to that the higher ranks do not ever discover because they are too lazy to clear away just a little bit of grass. 

Spots
Spotted Nichelings, though one rank higher than the Patternless Nichelings, still get pretty banged up. They receive the beta rank and their gems are pink. These guys only have to listen to what Mask or Striped creatures say to them and they can feel free to order any Patternless creature around. These guys provide food and clear grass, for they do not have to fight a bearyena if there is one in the area. If they are the lowest rank, however (if there are no patternless creatures around) they must take up the responsibilities of the Patternless creatures. 
Spotted creatures are witty and sly. Though they know placing their paws in the wrong place will lead them into a fatal situation with the higher ranks, they still are able to get a laugh out of everything. Though they are told to show no respect towards Patternless creatures, Spotted creatures sympathize them and secretly help them when the higher ranks are not looking. 

Stripes
Striped Nichelings have much more control thanks to them being a higher rank. Though they do not have full control, they can at least relax a bit. They receive the beta rank and have their gems turned yellow. In a sense, these guys are second in command to the Masked Nichelings. They are able to control the actions of Spotted and Patternless creatures and only have to listen to Masked creatures. Instead of getting down and dirty at all, these creatures only have to gather food.
Striped Nichelings are resentful and have a snappy attidute. They constantly take out their anger on the lower ranks by forcing them to do their work. In secret, the Striped Nichelings wish they could eventually build an army to overthrow the wretched and unfair Masked Nichelings.

Mask
Finally, we have our Masked Nichelings. These guys.. hOOOOO BOYYYY... These guys are automatically bumped up to Alpha rank and are given blue gems. Being the highest rank, Masked Nichelings literally do absolutely nothing. The only thing they do in their spare time is breed or explore aimlessly in hopes of finding another Masked creature lurking within the grasses. Their whole purpose is literally to sit still and look pretty...
Masked Nichelings are very snobby and disrespectful to all ranks below them. In a sense, they are tyrannical kings and queens forcing their citizens to provide for them no matter the circumstance. Masked creatures are often seen picking on lower ranks, especially Patternless ones.

OKAY SO NOW THAT'S OVER WITH

HERE'S SOME RULES

1) When you find wanderers, inviting them in depends entirely on their pattern. If you want, you can choose a generator to determine the outcome, but this is how it will usually work.
Patternless : Killed.
Spots : Reluctantly Accepted.
Stripes : Accepted.
Masked : Gratefully Accepted.

2) Masked Nichelings don't do ANYTHING. Not even clear grass. do you see why this is hard now 

3) Striped creatures can only gather food (no hunting, no clearing grass, nada)

4) Spotted creatures gather food and clear grass and repair nests.

5) Patternless creatures do everything. (Defending, hunting, gathering)

6) Nichelings of the same pattern only breed with each other. (Ex. Spot to Spot, Mask to Mask, etc.) If you want a dense and drama filled story line then HAVE A FORBIDDEN ROMANCEEEEEEEE

So uh, yea.

Have fun with this I guess.

trust me once you start it's going to be so hard and you're gonna find yourself making your masked creatures doing something other than walking around and breeding lmao

ALSO, FEEL FREE FOR SOME STORY TWISTS, I WONT STOP YOU

For example, you can have your patternless nichelings start a riot and overthrow the masked creatures and have the entire ranking system get switched around, visa versa 
Or or or you can have some sort of forbidden romance between a spotted and a striped nicheling!
OR- you know what nevermind

JUST HAVE FUN LOL

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Tbh just do what you want with this challenge

If you want you can switch up the ranks for a plot line or something, I just made the ranks that way due to a poll that I did a REALLY long time ago on a discord server on favorite patterns

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

What's the end goal? Are there balancing rules? 

Not really any goal. I mean... to be honest, the goal is to not accidentally break the rules. IT'S SO EASY TO DO IF YOU AREN'T CAREFUL LOL

• Like 2

• 2 years later...