Stray Fawn Community

Restarting with same bloodline - no genetic variation

crystal5213

**SPOILERS**

-

-

-

-

I realized after my tribe had reached the home island, that I needed home immunity to get round ears, the only gene I haven't unlocked yet. I had lost home immunity over the generations, so I drowned my nichelings (rip) to restart from the same bloodline. However, not only do my nichelings not have home immunity upon restarting, but there is no genetic variation. I spent probably +/-200 days with the exact same genes (aside from immunity) out of probably less than 400 days, so I thought that maybe the genes you start off with were chosen based on how many of your nichelings had them. However, after restarting 10 times I found that there was absolutely no genetic variation among my nichelings, aside from random immunities (none of the home island, unfortunately).

All nichelings generated during the "restart from same bloodline" option have the exact same genome, aside from being male and female, and immunity genes. I did have every gene unlocked aside from rounded ears, so perhaps it is just using the most popular genes I used except for immunity, and then randomizing immunity. I have had every immunity, A-K show up during these resets except home island. Before these resets, I had nichelings with every immunity so the variation isn't that surprising. Rather, the lack of home island immunity is what is frustrating. I have played this save for probably 40 hours while trying to unlock every gene, and it would be a shame if I had to make a completely new save because my home island carriers died out.

Is there a reason that home island immunity is not showing up? Am I really unlucky? Are my nichelings stuck somehow with the same genes?

• 2 months later...

Currently if you go extinct, we check wether you once had an animal on the same island with home immunity gene. In thid case the new animals from the same bloodline should get it too.

But if you lost the home immunity gene before traveling to a new island, you won't get it back.