Stray Fawn Community

Suggestion: Hotkeys

Drewbc

Hey I looked around (for a second lol) and didn't see this suggestion. Hotkeys would make things a little smoother and easier. Maybe the "Tab" key or another (non-letter) key could be used to switch between the senses (normal sight, smelling, and hearing). Lol for me, less looking and mouse clicking is easier. And maybe whatever the "U" key currently does can be switched to another key not already in use like perhaps "-" or "=" keys, or the brackets [].

Actually, keys for the traits and genetics screens would be cool too. Just a suggestion. Keep up the awesome work.  ;)

• Like 1

Seconding this, although there isn't much more that hotkeys can be used for. I know tab is used to switch between active nichelings already. But besides that, space bar for next day, and u for screenshot mode, there isn't much that I've observed for hotkeys. Maybe A S D for vision, sniffing, and hearing? And maybe tab to switch between nichelings in that traits and genetics screen thing would be cool too.

Not really a key but it would be cool if you could use the scroll on the mouse to shift between nichelings, including inactive ones?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To be honest, the big thing I would want is hotkeys for moving in between the skills, genes, mutations and family tree menus. In fact, hotkeys for most everything would be preferable. At least then I could use them and anyone who doesn't want them does have to use them.