Stray Fawn Community

Mutation Menu Tabs

Kattails

So On the left is obviously our original and current mutation menu... But if you're like me and have some mild OCD, you might find it somewhat a pain to have to sift through all of your genes at once searching for whatever it is that you need at the time. 

I don't art, so it's very crude and rudimentary, but I thought that a tab system based on the different parts of the body might be a good idea. I searched through the forums and found a lot of suggestions for family trees, and these tabs are somewhat inspired by all of those organizational suggestions.

The tabs themselves are pretty self explanatory, but of course the names are/can be changed to whatever the devs want them to be. That being said, we could also have smaller tabs to fit more customization things such as your favorite traits, only including the ancient genes found in the glaciers etc. Or you could have a tab with ALL of the genes as we do in the current game with a randomization button so we could do things like the random genetics challenge. 

I think that's all I have for ideas on the tab system now. Fell free to give me suggestions I can edit in too!

mutation menu tabs.png

• Like 5

7 replies to this post

I like it! I mean I don't really have problems with finding the genes I need but I can imagine that it is hard to find them sometimes and it would be very useful to have a tab system. Especially as we can assume that we'll get many more  genes in the future :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1