Stray Fawn Community

Best age settinngs

Jojo

What do you think would be the best balanced age settings for role playing? Include the pregnancy and damage settings if you want :D

Currently I have taken the normal values x3 which works pretty well but I was wondering what you guys have? Or will plan on having (I am planning on doing it with x4 and x5 (can't go higher than x5 as it is capped at 100 which I find kinda sad)

45 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

The update isn't available to me. Is it something special and not a beta? 

You've got to sort of unlock it in steam by adding a password in the beta tab. It won't turn up as an option until after you do that.

1 hour ago, Jojo said:

What do you think would be the best balanced age settings for role playing? Include the pregnancy and damage settings if you want :D

Currently I have taken the normal values x3 which works pretty well but I was wondering what you guys have? Or will plan on having (I am planning on doing it with x4 and x5 (can't go higher than x5 as it is capped at 100 which I find kinda sad)

I've just been playing around with the settings at the moment, but I really enjoyed adding a five day pregnancy to a forty odd day lifespan, it just felt like it gave a bit more flavour? I'm still trying to work out what damage modifiers work, I definitely set it too high initially and got pretty much entirely wiped out by one bearyena

• Like 1

Got the password an hour ago from Lilytuft. Didn't read the last paragraph of Philo's update. 

Child 4, Teen 10, adult 30-35. Nothing outlandish. Damage is harder to scale, but maybe 2x will work. Longer pregnancy would be handy, but I need litters for this version.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

Also sickness is enviromental damage and can be set to 0! You can play the Whims without caring for immunity! Sickness can kill in a day! This is the best thing since the microwave!!!!!!!

YES SO TECHNICALLY MY SANDBOX SUGGESTION MADE IT IN!! I was wondering if environmental damage meant sickness! (I requested turning off immunities)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

Also sickness is enviromental damage and can be set to 0! You can play the Whims without caring for immunity! Sickness can kill in a day! This is the best thing since the microwave!!!!!!!

The brochures aren't working! No one is buying my sicknesses! I highly disapprove of this update!

-Meringue

P.S. Sky approves of the update, just not Meringue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ValkyrieWolff said:

I've just been playing around with the settings at the moment, but I really enjoyed adding a five day pregnancy to a forty odd day lifespan, it just felt like it gave a bit more flavour? I'm still trying to work out what damage modifiers work, I definitely set it too high initially and got pretty much entirely wiped out by one bearyena

Yeah I have five day pregnancy at the moment as well, though it feels a little long. I might put it down to 3 again or maybe try 4

42 minutes ago, RandomWanderer said:

I didn't know sickness counted into that!!! That's  the best!

• Like 3

I really like giving my creatures a long lifespan (0 baby, 5 child, 40 teen and 50 adult was my first tribe with the update) because it takes a really long time to roleplay with a huge tribe, but with a long lifespan I don't even need to worry about breading all of them too quickly, and the tribe survives while staying small. I guess that a short lifespan is better for breading and adapting your creatures quickly, while a long lifespan lets you use your nichelings genes rather than making them pass the gene on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Larouxia said:

I really like giving my creatures a long lifespan (0 baby, 5 child, 40 teen and 50 adult was my first tribe with the update) because it takes a really long time to roleplay with a huge tribe, but with a long lifespan I don't even need to worry about breading all of them too quickly, and the tribe survives while staying small. I guess that a short lifespan is better for breading and adapting your creatures quickly, while a long lifespan lets you use your nichelings genes rather than making them pass the gene on.

40 days teen?! Wow that is long. I have 9 days teen and feel like that is long XD

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jojo said:

40 days teen?! Wow that is long. I have 9 days teen and feel like that is long XD

Lol I totally underestimated how long that would be, I just really like not having to worry about rogue males but now I have to wait an eternity to bread my nichelings 😂

• Like 3