Stray Fawn Community

Achievement Issues

Sky

I just started playing Niche, though I have watched a lot of videos about it. In the tutorial, when I traveled to a new island, I got two achievements: 'Homecoming' and 'Globetrotter'. This was the first time I'm playing this! I definitely did NOT find all the islands. Since then, I've noticed that I haven't gotten any more achievements, even though I can spot a few that I should have received. For example, I should have gotten the achievements for twins and also for identical twins,  and I obviously have already mated my Nichelings, plus I have a Melanistic Nicheling. Please fix this because I love trying to get achievements.  :(

UPDATE: I restarted the game and finally started getting the achievements. (I somehow got Melanisim and the next day Albinisim!) This still doesn't explain why I got Homecoming and Globetrotter when I 1st started, though.  :(

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you unlock an achievement while steam is not connected, you'll get it the next time you start the game and are online :)
The Homecoming and Globetrotter Achievements are buggy. We hope to fix them together with the Whale update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Are you going to remove those achievements for those of us who got them without earning them?  Spotting when I should get Homecoming won't be hard, but Globetrotting will be, otherwise =(

• Like 1

Unfortunately steam does give us the option to reset single achievements.

We can only reset all achievements of a player at once. Another way could be to add two new achievements for this.

• Like 3

I'd like mine reset too, please. Apparently, according to Steam, I bred for the first time, got Albinism, got Melanism, AND survived 50 days in one day, which was 2 days after I got Niche. Either I was really lucky, or Steam was acting up again. :P

• Haha 1

I'd love to be able to reset my achievements. I accidentally unlocked two rather hard ones (Hybrid and Ruler of the Savannah) when messing around with the console, and it feels cheaty to keep them without actually earning them. All the others I got are easily re-earned (twins, melanism, catch a clownkoi etc.).

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, Philo said:

We managed to fix them today :D
Finally! I think we can't reset the achievements for people who already have them, right @Micha?
(I mean from a technical standpoint)

unfortunately, globetrotter is still bugged. only difference is that for some of us, it won't unlock at all now. :(