Stray Fawn Community

Niche update 1.1.6 now on the testing branch!

Philo

37 minutes ago, Jojo said:

A file is a document of any kind. Like a microsoft word document. You double click them to open them. The tricky part is navigating to them. The file path is described in the discussion. Do you know how navigate there? It should look something like this:

Niche folder path show.JPG

Instead of Jordi it should said 'user' or what ever your name is (or the users name of the PC) then you navigate there and double clikc on the ini files/ documents

I found the name, but after that, I'm lost. 

12 hours ago, Nove said:

I found the name, but after that, I'm lost. 

Do you mean the username? If appdata doesn't show up you have to enable hidden files under one of the tabs at the top (not sure what they are called in english something like view I guess)

7 hours ago, Jojo said:

Do you mean the username? If appdata doesn't show up you have to enable hidden files under one of the tabs at the top (not sure what they are called in english something like view I guess)

yep, View.

image.png.6bf8ca74e7c05c06001e5ad6d78a2741.png

@Nove, click the View thing shown above, then check Hidden Items. You can see it shown in the picture above, already checked.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if you can change the number of syllables that can go into a nicheling's name? Like right now it automatically does from 1-3 I think, but can I make it so it can only do up to 2?

On top of that, can I change where it puts the syllables? Example: I only want it to be able to put "tail" as a second syllable, so I don't get "Tailtail".

If none of these things are possible, I recommend them. Thanks!

• Philo unpinned this topic

Loving the update so far! I play the game on a Macbook Pro, and I was wondering if it's even possible to access the animal name setting files? I tried following the steps but I can't seem to find any files related to Niche at all. Help would be super appreciated! ^^

17 hours ago, Catnizz_0440 said:

Loving the update so far! I play the game on a Macbook Pro, and I was wondering if it's even possible to access the animal name setting files? I tried following the steps but I can't seem to find any files related to Niche at all. Help would be super appreciated! ^^

Let me see if tagging the devs help. @Philo any help for the Mac people?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Doxy Fox said:

I’m sorry, but I’m confused. How do you get to the Beta tab? I can’t seem to find it. 

Do you have Steam? If so, right-click Niche in the library, select “Properties”, and the beta tab will appear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doxy Fox said:

I know, I found niche in my game library, right clicked it, clicked properties but the only tabs I saw were general, web document, security, details, and previous versions.

okay here we go a quick guide

image.png.82ca14fc2282f4491f98d0901cfedd8f.png

click that Properties button

image.png.dffeed674b7ec8079c5a59b1446a087c.png

click Betas

image.png.c8bfd7670a79959f0fb6e632573c7f83.png

then choose out of the drop down 'tester_branch' (mine already has it chosen xD) and put in the code (I think it's NicheTesterbranch), and you're all set! I think!

• Like 3

On 4/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, Catnizz_0440 said:

@Philo I'm still very lost! Sorry to seem annoying but I just want to know if there's anything I can do or if it's just not possible on Macs.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:05 AM, mommaminecraft said:

I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong to update the game. I've gone to the beta tab of properties but The code is invalid it just keeps saying

tester_branch is NOT there

Are you spelling the code right? Remember, it's NicheTesterBranch.

@Catnizz_0440

Just tried it (I also have a mac) and it works ^^

Open the Finder -> Click on "Go" -> Hold down the alt key, since library is a hidden folder -> click on Library -> open Application Support -> open Team Niche -> open Niche - a genetics survival game -> click on AnimalNames.ini (choose a texteditor to open it)

On 5/6/2019 at 9:49 AM, Philo said:

@Catnizz_0440

Just tried it (I also have a mac) and it works ^^

Open the Finder -> Click on "Go" -> Hold down the alt key, since library is a hidden folder -> click on Library -> open Application Support -> open Team Niche -> open Niche - a genetics survival game -> click on AnimalNames.ini (choose a texteditor to open it)

Thank you so much!! I figured it out now ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Akali Welcome in the forums :D

2 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Akali Welcome in the forums :D

Oh thanks! but, sadly i dont know where to find the finder on my mac, do you have a picture for it?

8 minutes ago, Philo said:

1745659500_ScreenShot2019-07-10at16_16_19.png.85623db129abd1968cbc1cee05d2e399.png

Thanks i found it, but i cant find "go" on it XD im so sorry im putting you through all this trouble XD its just that i have poor eyesight lol, but if you could give me a guide of it, that would be nice :)