Stray Fawn Community

Niche update 1.1.6 now on the testing branch!

Philo

Hey folks :)

We just uploaded a new version (1.1.6) of the "Sandbox settings" update on the tester branch!
Please don't forget that this is a tester branch. Things are buggy here.
If you want to play with precious save files from earlier versions, it's adviced to make a back up first.

What has changed in this new version?

New features:

• New gene Sticky Tongue
  • New food source Termite Hills
  • Added new sandbox settings:
    • World Settings (allows you to toggle the spawn of objects on/off)

Improvements:

• Better balancing for Defender Bears

Fixes:

• Fixed Short Snout isn't in the customization option
  • Fixed gene unlock message
  • Fixed blood clotting in animal customization options
  • Fixed exhibitor mode bug (random restarts)
  • Fixed family tree age display bug
  • Fixed forbidden genes bug
  • Fixed some of the animal ageing bugs (but some might still be around, please report!)
  • Fixed Savanna Horns domiance bug
  • Fixed save issues with sandbox settings

Some things are still missing:

• (Maybe) Very basic options to create challenges

Also check out the patch notes of version 1.1.5 here

How you can customize the animal name setting:
Open the file: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\AnimalNames.ini
Add new syllables and names, don't forget to save.

How you can customize the gem colors:
Open the file: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\ActionPointColors.ini
Add new colors, don't forget to save ^^

Please help us to test if all the new things are working!

To do so, you can head over to Steam.
Right click on Niche in your game library, select properties, open the Betas tab, enter the password.
The password is: NicheTesterBranch
Select tester_branch from the drop down. The game should now be updating. If now, restart Steam.
Happy testing and please report all bugs here. Thank you ❤️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• Philo pinned this topic
46 minutes ago, awesomepastabunnies said:

Is there a post that says how I can play with the test update version?

1st Edit: I may have figured it out. Never mind. ^ ^

2nd Edit: ...I stand corrected. May I have some help please?

Go on Steam, right click niche then click properties. Then go to the beta tab and type in the code, NicheTesterBranch, then select tester_branch then when niche updates and you open it, it will be in this version.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, Philo said:

Can someone help me with being able to access the file to change names? I've been trying to figure it out since when this post was made and haven't figured it out. Any help will be very appreciated!

@ValkyrieWolff

Thank you! Though that wasn't exactly my issue. I should've explained it more clearly. I cant find any folder for this on my computer. I've tried searching for the file and have been going through my computer and cant find anything! I'm starting to get worried I may of downloaded the game wrong. 

13 minutes ago, NiceGirl1000 said:

@ValkyrieWolff

Thank you! Though that wasn't exactly my issue. I should've explained it more clearly. I cant find any folder for this on my computer. I've tried searching for the file and have been going through my computer and cant find anything! I'm starting to get worried I may of downloaded the game wrong. 

Okay, so I couldn't find it anywhere either. There are two ways to find it that I know of for PC (no clue on mac sorry)

First, in the search bar, type %appdata% 1114193575_huntingdownnichefiles.png.6b0da22c69cbe58e3e03801a0515ba28.png

From there, double clicking on this folder (at least for me) took me to appdata - roaming. I clicked on the appdata folder at the top bit and then had the option to go to locallow and the team niche folder

The method I used though, was from the file explorer, click on 'this pc' and search 'locallow' it'll take a while, but eventually should turn up a file and from there you should be able to find the team niche folder and then the folders I showed above.

If you need any photos of that process just let me know

23 minutes ago, Lilbird11 said:

where do you find the file with Lenovo?

It doesn't matter what hardwarde (pc/laptop) you have. It depends on your software. With a lenovo (I have one too) you are most likely running windows, so as said above follow the windows instructions :)