Stray Fawn Community

Crashed Game save deleting other save files

The_Espurr_Queen

when my game crashed from reaching its memory limit (see "Jungle Memory Leak (?)" for more details), I checked on the save file in the saves folder and found a savefile named "Slot-1.nichesave".

Niche_negative_save.png.709d07afed897dfe927ecff1e00898dd.png

Confused, I copied one of my backed-up save files into the folder. Then I tried to boot the game back up. However, the flash screen before the main menu (the nicheling family with a bearyena behind them) wasn't there, instead I was greeted to a black screen, and then the main menu. However, when looking at the save files, both of the save slots them were empty!, I tried it again, with the same result. I tried to manually drag it to the recycling bin, but I got a message that the file "could damage my PC". the only way I was able to delete it was by right-clicking on it and pressing delete. However, even when I emptied my recycling bin, when I booted the game back up, the Slot-1.nichesave" came back! Interestingly, this file doesn't seem to be deleting save files (as of yet). I'm not entirely sure, but I think the only way for me to get rid of it entirely is to uninstall then reinstall the game.

Warning: Do NOT use this save file unless you know what you are doing! I'm putting it here specially for the Devs to check it out. Again, do NOT use this savefile! it could break your game!

Slot-1.nichesave

• Like 1

0 replies to this post

There are no comments yet