Stray Fawn Community

[YouTube] 1.1.5-6 Playthrough: A Castaway Tale!

JayZX535

Niche-Cover.thumb.jpg.18b8b3d66900897f5d0893a74c0697de.jpg

Hey, all!  I didn't see anywhere that said we're not allowed to post YouTube playthroughs here, so I figured I'd go ahead and share my let's play of the new update!  We started out with a tribe of four young castaways, some of which had the new genes, and sent them out into a strange island to try and establish themselves!  But mysterious new creatures lurk in the grass as our band of misfits struggles to find their way...

We're using extended ages here, so creatures live about 50 days and become adults at around fifteen.  I believe the child (1 gem) stage lasts 3-5 days as well.  So far, we've had two episodes release!  You can watch on the playlist here:

Niche: A Castaway Tale

(also big huge thank you to my graphic designer friend for the cover image layout-- you can see more of her work here!)

• Like 4

Ooh! We have JessiMew AND Jayplays on the forums now? Awesome! I was the one who suggested the World of Wolves challenge for Equilinox!!

Hope you have a good time playing the new update! You should make sure you suggest anything you want in the game in the Feature Requests. Pretty much everything in this update was suggested by the community ^^

• Like 4

Aha, yes!  I've been here for a while but lurking silently for the most part 😂  The new update has been awesome thus far-- I'm really enjoying it!  And I definitely shall-- I love how involved the Niche team is with their community :3

• Like 6

23 hours ago, JayZX535 said:

Aha, yes!  I've been here for a while but lurking silently for the most part 😂  The new update has been awesome thus far-- I'm really enjoying it!  And I definitely shall-- I love how involved the Niche team is with their community :3

Awesome to here! Hope you have a good time on the forums ^^

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JayZX535 said:

Thank you, @Basil !

In other news, I've just released episode 3 of the playthrough!  It's been added to the playlist in the first post :)

By that title and the cover picture, I see you've probably figured out how the Defender Bear works. I still haven't seen the Defender Bear in-game yet myself, but I have experienced the wrath of the Peaceful bear if you are stupid enough to have your creature attack it. it and a bearyena killed the parents and their newborn children. Luckily the wanderer baby survived. I thought 'oh, it has a green silhouette in hearing/scent view, obviously it's completely passive.' Nope.

Edit: wow, you slaughtered a rabbil right in front of the bear. Definitely crossed his line there...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skysplash8 said:

By that title and the cover picture, I see you've probably figured out how the Defender Bear works. I still haven't seen the Defender Bear in-game yet myself, but I have experienced the wrath of the Peaceful bear if you are stupid enough to have your creature attack it. it and a bearyena killed the parents and their newborn children. Luckily the wanderer baby survived. I thought 'oh, it has a green silhouette in hearing/scent view, obviously it's completely passive.' Nope.

Edit: wow, you slaughtered a rabbil right in front of the bear. Definitely crossed his line there...

Yeahhh, kinda figured out what ticks that guy off, rip.  I'm too scared to take on a peaceful bear right now, but I feel some reckless young soul in our tribe will likely do it someday :P

I thought it was likely the time we attacked a rogue, but that could be as well.  I'm a little surprised he'd be upset over us going after the smaller animals, but it could be?  In any case, he ain't happy with us now, oops o.o

• Like 2

Oh and DONT TOUCH STINKYFRUIT itglitches you out. It makes carnivore plants invisible with no way to get your nicheling out. Or completely glitches out your game. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Oh and DONT TOUCH STINKYFRUIT itglitches you out. It makes carnivore plants invisible with no way to get your nicheling out. Or completely glitches out your game. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Uh oh, thanks for the warning!  That ain't good 😧  Hopefully they'll fix that pretty soon, heh.  I wasn't really planning to go to the jungle, but if I do, I'll keep that in mind...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayZX535 said:

Uh oh, thanks for the warning!  That ain't good 😧  Hopefully they'll fix that pretty soon, heh.  I wasn't really planning to go to the jungle, but if I do, I'll keep that in mind...

You might want to back up your savefiles too. I (and only I, and just once) experienced a horrible glitch. I was playing a savefile that just got up to about 75 days when i exited to the main menu. When I went back to the save a minute later, everything was back to day 12. 😧 

Also, just having a Smelly Fruit Tree on your island glitches the game out. At least 3 bugs have been reported that are caused by those trees! 

my brain sees your profile picture and screams at me, demanding to play Wolf Quest. I'm Skysplash8 there too, often playing as a wolf named Liki. just in case you want to know for some odd reason

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

You might want to back up your savefiles too. I (and only I, and just once) experienced a horrible glitch. I was playing a savefile that just got up to about 75 days when i exited to the main menu. When I went back to the save a minute later, everything was back to day 12. 😧 

Also, just having a Smelly Fruit Tree on your island glitches the game out. At least 3 bugs have been reported that are caused by those trees! 

my brain sees your profile picture and screams at me, demanding to play Wolf Quest. I'm Skysplash8 there too, often playing as a wolf named Liki. just in case you want to know for some odd reason

Oh boy, that ain't good!  I shall definitely try and keep backups-- though, that sounds like a bug with saving in the first place to me.  Hopefully they can get things sorted soon!

Whoops-- well let's hope we don't encounter one then.  Ah, the joys of betas haha XD

do it, go play, you know it's calling you XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JayZX535 said:

Oh boy, that ain't good!  I shall definitely try and keep backups-- though, that sounds like a bug with saving in the first place to me.  Hopefully they can get things sorted soon!

Whoops-- well let's hope we don't encounter one then.  Ah, the joys of betas haha XD

do it, go play, you know it's calling you XD

Exactly