Stray Fawn Community

More Fur & Eye colours

kunchbox

I also made this post in discussion/feedback, and since it got a positive response, I'm going to post it here. 

We have so many amazing and awesome colour combinations you can make in Niche, including the patterns. However, I recently had the idea of adding more colour options, like natural greenish colours and maybe even some "tropical" colours for the pattern option ONLY. The tropical colours would be unlocked by spending 100 days on a Jungle island (Or something similar), and the natural colours would be unlocked by default.

Greenish colours are seen by animals in real life, (e.g birds, crocodiles, snakes, insects, frogs), to help camouflage them and hide from predators and sneak up on prey. I think this would be a wonderful addition to the game, and seeing it mixed with the other colours would certainly be a fun and interesting experiment, and would be available for pattern and horn colours.

"Tropical" colours, although they seem too bright for the beautiful natural selection currently in the game, are also found in nature to ward off predators, (e.g fish, birds, frogs, insects, snakes). They would only be available as pattern colours, as I do like the natural colours that Niche has at the moment, and making a super-bright tribe wouldn't really feel right. 

Although similar it would share a different function to Toxic Body, as having the colours would add +2 Distasteful Appearance, but NOT allow you to be immune to poison, unlike the toxic body. 

While we are on the topic of colours, I would love to see mixed eye colours in the game. Rarer than the generic eye colours, but having a blended eye colour of Brown and Green (hazel) would be a nice touch to the game. Another addition to eye colour would being able to have two seperate eye colours (Heterochromia Iridum) but be extremely rare. You would have to unlock it, and then you would only still have a low percentage of passing it on, even if both mutation slots on both parents had it.

I'd love to hear your opinions on this, please do let me know what you think!! :D
Have a good day/night everyone! ^,^

•  
  • Like 2

20 replies to this post

Oh I just thought of something- 

SO for the eye colors we already have, maybe there could be some variations in the shades? Ex: Light green to dark green, light blue to dark blue, etc.

Related image

(sorry the pic is so big) but generally organisms that have green eyes do not have them in the bright variation that it provided in Niche. Maybe there could (repeating the top statement) be variations in shades for a bit more realistic/genetic touch?
(same thing goes for other colors, too, not just green)

• Like 3

Well first here are similar posts:

Now the idea of more tropical fur colors has been growing on me but I feel like people need to remember that fur color and pattern color are incompletely dominant traits meaning that both alleles are mixed and displayed. For example, blue fur might look nice on its own and with red and yellow fur, but what about the rest like moss brown fur? Admittedly I’ve grown to like a blue and moss brown combo but the point still stands when considering other fur colors. 

As for my take on more eye colors, I’m all for them! Personally I don’t like the idea of pink eyes but that’s just me. Also I have proposed before that there should be a separate gene slot for all extra eye color traits. This gene could have the alleles normal eye color, mixed (for something like hazel eyes), dominant heterochromia, recessive heterochromia, dominant specs, and recessive specs. (This is also in the order of what I think the dominance should be) For an explanation on these alleles you can go here:

(Also the fur color thing is also talked about here: 

)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Basil said:

Oh I just thought of something- 

SO for the eye colors we already have, maybe there could be some variations in the shades? Ex: Light green to dark green, light blue to dark blue, etc.

Related image

(sorry the pic is so big) but generally organisms that have green eyes do not have them in the bright variation that it provided in Niche. Maybe there could (repeating the top statement) be variations in shades for a bit more realistic/genetic touch?
(same thing goes for other colors, too, not just green)

YAS

HAZEL EYES!

Bostonlobstah should have hazel-green-brown eyes because that's my eye color irl

• Like 3

I'd love to have Grey as a fur color option while keeping the current colors. It just gives so many lovely shades.... white + grey could be a light silver. Grey + grey could be just plain grey. Grey + Black is a darker gray... although I enjoyed when it looked like it had a somewhat lilac tone to it.

Perhaps a Seal Brown, Fawn, Tawny, Russet (like fox orange, or red panda), Cinnamon, Buff, Peach for fur. 

(Buff is a yellowish brown color whereas Beige is a yellowish grey color according to some dictionaries)

For eyes, why not darker and lighter shades of what is already there. The hazel eyes are also lovely. Also, Grey eyes would be nice. (surprised more horn color wasn't on the list too in hopes of matching them to the fur, or the pattern colors)

Also there's three different types of heterochromia. Sectoral Heterchromia. Complete Heterchromia. Central Heterchromia. Were you only thinking of one of them and if so which one?

• Like 1