Stray Fawn Community

How would you conquer the jungle?

Taduk

How would you conquer the jungle?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice because you can, for example, do both strength and shield.

• Stealth! With lean body, velvet paw, black fur, and dots, my nichelings will never be found!
    • Strength! My nichelings can kill an ape in a few days!
    • Shield! My nichelings have armored body, so they needn't worry about apes!
    • Sea! My nichelings live in the rivers, lakes, and oceans so that their only predators are the razoranhas!
    • Stink! My nichelings have stinky tail and toxic body, so the apes won't want to eat them!
    • Speed! My creatures aren't adapted to the jungle, so I'll just flee from the apes!
    • By getting out of the jungle as fast as humanly possible.

Al lmy tribes tend to lean towards strength. Though the one time a tribe of mine lasted long enough (as in, I didn't ditch it) to get to a jungle and find an ape, they weren't fully prepared and poor Kinarri sacrificed his life so that his tribe could make it out safely. But that tribe is preparing with Armored Body, Bearyena Claws, and ram horns so that one day they may avenge the death of Kinarri.

Anyways, my tribes tend to get claws.bearyena claws pretty fast and just kill everything, including the bushes xD

• Like 2

Something I did the last time I was playing was 2 things:

1 Have purr snouts so I could heal everyone from the damage

2 Breed nichelings faster than apes can eat them that is so sad :( 

With my Skittles, I think I will go for water genes. Bright colored water bodies or Toxic body + gills or underwater breathing plants.

I love the rainforest because literally all you have to do to escape an ape is hop across a river

although I've never actually encountered an ape...that's why I'm restarting my skittles tribe until I get a save with an a ape spawn tree

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

With my Skittles, I think I will go for water genes. Bright colored water bodies or Toxic body + gills or underwater breathing plants.

I love the rainforest because literally all you have to do to escape an ape is hop across a river

although I've never actually encountered an ape...that's why I'm restarting my skittles tribe until I get a save with an a ape spawn tree

Several months ago I ran into an unfortunate issue where the apes could cross water... It was bad...

• Like 3

Just now, Renio2490 said:

The only jungle island I've been to and survived in is the rainforest.

That’s where the skittles will be starting! (And probably staying. Not going to freaking overgrown jungle anytime soon. I need that water)

20 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

Yeah do that. There is no apes. (That I've seen)

I have started on an island which, by my newfound ape tree identifying skills, I believe there will be an ape 😮

Luckily we will be on the other side of the river from where he spawns. 😛

1 hour ago, bostonlobstah said:

Anyone who is a jungle expert, any good tips for ape survival? In just a few minutes I will start a Take 3 on my Skittles Tribe :) (not that I died out previous times...there were just no apes. I want a challenge)

ok, well I have a perfect jungle creature. I came up with this on the archipelago whilst preparing for the jungle/swamp, and it can reliably stop any ape attacks as long as you dont step on twigs and lick off stinky fruit juice.

-big ears (this provides heat resistance)

-any snout is cool but make sure to have 2 smelling (I used purrsnot, sometimes apes will get too hungry and attack so this helps heal creatures just in case)

-double velvet paw

-stinky tail

-toxic body

-if you can, get megaloceros horns so you can crack open carnivorous plants

-also if you wanna go really overkill, get spots to add camoflauge (this probably serves no purpose because this build is focused on distasteful appearance, but whatever)

that's it! if I missed out ant gene slots, that means you can go wild with it

• Like 2

My 'perfect' jungle creature:

Armoured body is the most important thing. The apes won't even make a scratch on these creatures.

Big ears. For heat resistance.

Nimble fingers and claw. For gathering, fighting and fishing.

Bearyena snout - strength

Fishing tail: to fish piranha (I don't remember their names in the game) which are abundant in the streams in the jungle. (Apart from overgrown which doesn't even have any)

Mega horns, because why wouldn't you need the extra strength? Or antenna

And anything else but the most important thing for me is the armored body.

• Like 2