Stray Fawn Community

Disappearing bearyena meat

Ypsilenna

Today one of my nichelings killed a bearyena, but he died in progress. I moved another one towards the meat pile to collect it, but it vanished in front of his eyes. 
I don't remember this happening with my old version of Niche, has anyone else experienced it?

[Edit] It happened in a fresh story mode save.

• Like 2

6 replies to this post

2 hours ago, Ypsilenna said:

Today one of my nichelings killed a bearyena, but he died in progress. I moved another one towards the meat pile to collect it, but it vanished in front of his eyes. 
I don't remember this happening with my old version of Niche, has anyone else experienced it?

[Edit] It happened in a fresh story mode save.

Was there dark grass next to it? Mean wanderers can steal meat.

2 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

There are wanderers around at times you can't smell, even if they're right in front of you. Not sure if that is another bug, but it's usually them. 

I don't think it's a bug, the stealth and scentless makes it harder for your creatures to smell and hear wanderers with high scentless and stealth. Also I'm 90% sure that the meat disappeared because a wanderer stole it, otherwise it's probably a bug.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Larouxia said:

I don't think it's a bug, the stealth and scentless makes it harder for your creatures to smell and hear wanderers with high scentless and stealth. Also I'm 90% sure that the meat disappeared because a wanderer stole it, otherwise it's probably a bug.

Oh no, I know that they should be harder to smell, but if a 5 isn't enough, nothing currently is. Meanwhile, the same nicheling can smell wanderers with a slightly lower stat. Something is either unbalanced here or a potential bug, as both cases were lower than 5.

• Like 1