Stray Fawn Community

Not My Island Challenge

VankirvanJD

20190307_093118.jpg.802a0b09e6be03873b9f2a986fb2c7ce.jpg

Hey, back with another challenge that I made up in a few minutes and that someone has probably already made. I don't know how to introduce posts so let's just jump into it shall we?

Not My Island Challenge

The goal of the Not My Island Challenge is to adapt. I know, that's basically what Niche is, but let me elaborate.

You must start off on an island that is the completely wrong environment for your Nichelings. With the new sandbox settings, you must create creatures that are adapted for a certain environment and toss them into a different one.

There are three levels of intensity:
Easy~ Create Nichelings with some adaptions in their dominant alleles already, so you can just work to breed those in and make them adapt quickly.

Moderate~ Create Nichelings that are adapted to a different environment but have recessive (or randomized) genes that will help them with their new island. You can try to breed these recessive genes out to dominant so you can adapt.

Hard~ Create Nichelings that have the completely wrong genes in their dominant and recessive alleles. You must rely on unlocking mutations and breeding with wanderers to adapt.

Examples, me putting animals specialized for life in water onto a Whale Island. Or creating Jungle creatures and putting them on a Snowy Mountain.

The goal is to fully adapt to the island. You cannot have any of your beginning genes in your dominant or recessive alleles!

So yeah that's pretty much it. I might start this challenge soon, I'll link it here as a playthrough later: 

• Like 6
  • Eek! 1

18 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

Haha. Time to die in the savannah with big bodies and other things.

Tbh, I'd try it the other way around (savannah genes in the icy biomes like lean body, big ears, etc.) for some reason I feel it'd be easier??? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

Tbh, I'd try it the other way around (savannah genes in the icy biomes like lean body, big ears, etc.) for some reason I feel it'd be easier??? 

Honestly it probably would, since other than the terrible cold resistance there wouldn't be much problems. But the problem is you have to survive long enough to get cold resistant genes in lol

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, VankirvanJD said:

Honestly it probably would, since other than the terrible cold resistance there wouldn't be much problems. But the problem is you have to survive long enough to get cold resistant genes in lol

Just basically have enough Nichelings to be in groups of three and you should be fine, even with lean body pretty much.

And like you said, the other way around would be more difficult, since you can't really do anything to prevent your creatures from overheating 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

Just basically have enough Nichelings to be in groups of three and you should be fine, even with lean body pretty much

Yep I learned that pretty quickly just now attempting the challenge (I've never played with snow biomes lol).

We definitely need a cool down action, like licking your Nichelings or something, similar to kangaroos.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

Yep I learned that pretty quickly just now attempting the challenge (I've never played with snow biomes lol).

We definitely need a cool down action, like licking your Nichelings or something, similar to kangaroos.

Well there are currently these suggestions in the feature requests:

(they’re in the comments of this one)

• Like 2