Stray Fawn Community

Endless Health Rabbils When Attempting to Attack them

Sky
Message added by Philo

Philo is looking into it

I completely randomized my creature except for gender. She ended up having pretty much no abilities whatsever, and ended up freezing so I couldn't do anything. Anyways, before she froze, she found some rabbils and attempted to attack one a ton. She spent about 4 or 5 days doing this (using all her turns on it), and successfully hit it about 5 times. But how did all those attacks not kill it? It was the same Rabbil. Normally a creature with 1 attack only has to hit it twice to kill it, so wouldn't it be the same for a creature with 0 strength?

8 replies to this post

49 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

I completely randomized my creature except for gender. She ended up having pretty much no abilities whatsever, and ended up freezing so I couldn't do anything. Anyways, before she froze, she found some rabbils and attempted to attack one a ton. She spent about 4 or 5 days doing this (using all her turns on it), and successfully hit it about 5 times. But how did all those attacks not kill it? It was the same Rabbil. Normally a creature with 1 attack only has to hit it twice to kill it, so wouldn't it be the same for a creature with 0 strength?

I think 0 strength deals literally 0 damage. So it is literally too weak to even scratch a rabbil!

2 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

My plans are working

-Caramel

REVENGE!

-Aetherskye

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bostonlobstah said:

I think 0 strength deals literally 0 damage. So it is literally too weak to even scratch a rabbil!

My creatures with 0 strength have killed things before, though!

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 8:36 PM, Skysplash8 said:

My creatures with 0 strength have killed things before, though!

When it has 0 strength it ends up having a very low chance to deal damage, but is still possible. Is the icon orange when you attack? This is the same sort of thing like when you try to crack open a nut with 0 cracking ability, or try to dig with 0 digging skill. There IS a chance you succeed, but its random and very low.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, glitchplight said:

When it has 0 strength it ends up having a very low chance to deal damage, but is still possible. Is the icon orange when you attack? This is the same sort of thing like when you try to crack open a nut with 0 cracking ability, or try to dig with 0 digging skill. There IS a chance you succeed, but its random and very low.

She attempted to attack it a lot, and 5 or so times it showed the red claw marks on the rabbil like it actually hit it. The rabbil usually dies once it's hit twice with a 1 attack creature. My creatures have killed rabbils like this before.

42 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

She attempted to attack it a lot, and 5 or so times it showed the red claw marks on the rabbil like it actually hit it. The rabbil usually dies once it's hit twice with a 1 attack creature. My creatures have killed rabbils like this before.

Oh okay gotcha. In that case I'm curious if it might be related to the crabbit bug. I know in this version of the game I've had 0 attack creatures be allowed to have guaranteed attacks on crabbits and I hear the attacking sound, but I don't think they are actually doing anything. 

• Like 1