Stray Fawn Community

The Re-population Challenge

StrangelyCloudy

Using the new sandbox, I came up with a challenge I thought you guys might enjoy. 

The Re-population Challenge

A deadly plague swept through the islands. It passed from Nicheling to Nicheling like wildfire, and even those with good immunity fell to the plague. Eventually, there were no nichelings left - they had gone extinct in only the span of a few years.

Or did they?

A pawful of mothers, hiding on the back of a whale, gave birth to their babies before passing. The babies are now the only surviving members of the Nicheling species. 

The Challenge:

You can set age to whatever you like and/or prefer. 

Your starting nichelings can have any genes you like, don't get attached though, because they'll be changing looks a LOT.

You MUST turn off Wild Nichelings, Rogue Males, and Home Animals. Your nichelings are the only members of the species left.

I recommend making about 4 babies to start with. 2 for hard mode, and 6 for an easy mode.

Start on whale island. 

Your nichelings should be no older than teens or children.

The Goal:

This is where the challenge gets tricky.

You have to visit many different islands, and leave behind at least 5 nichelings when you travel. You are trying to bring back the nicheling species, so leaving some behind furthers that goal.

The challenge is complete when you've travelled to every island or one of every kind of island (i.e one jungle, one savanna, etc) and have left some of your tribe there. After that, you can settle on a nice island and play to your heart's content.

Good luck! I'll be posting my play through on the relevant board.

Tips:

Friendly bearyenas are going to be your best friend. That being said, don't make nichelings with G-H immunity genes. 

4 babies is a good place to start. Make sure they all have different immunity genes.

Adapting to a specific climate and then doing all the islands with that climate is a good way to save time and energy if you're doing the every island version.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Nice challenge! Personally when I read it I thought part of the challenge was going to be that the nichelings you start with are sick with the same 1-2 immunities and you just have to survive. That’s not to say I don’t like your challenge though, I actually still really like it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Nice challenge! Personally when I read it I thought part of the challenge was going to be that the nichelings you start with are sick with the same 1-2 immunities and you just have to survive. That’s not to say I don’t like your challenge though, I actually still really like it!

You're free to do that too. This challenge is pretty hard as is so far. I'm glad you like it though! 

1 hour ago, Skysplash8 said:

What about Ice Blocks? Should they be turned off too, or are the creatures inside the only other creatures to survive the plague, because they were trapped in ice?

I think the ice blocks are fair since they were frozen and safe from the plague. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...