Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community
Magicmoonss

Custom Names and Gem Colors

Recommended Posts

I haven't been able to figure out how to enter in custom names and gem colors. I've looked through the new announcements, and topic discussions, but I didn't find anything that helped me. If anyone can help me out with that, I'll be very thankful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jojo said:

How you can customize the gem colors:
Open the file: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\ActionPointColors.ini
Add new colors, don't forget to save

The colors are html color codes. I used this site https://html-color-codes.info/

Just copy paste them into the file

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read what the update says, but like Brokenshock I don't know where the file is, or how to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

I've read what the update says, but like Brokenshock I don't know where the file is, or how to find it.

the file is hidden. type in %appdata% in your file and if it loads somthing called "local low" go into it and the files should be there         

( thats what i did anyways)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you I was able to find it by searching "Team Niche" I don't know why I couldn't find it searching anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

When I tried this, there was no Team Niche File at all

There wasn't for me, either, but searching for the specific file names still worked. Did it for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

There wasn't for me, either, but searching for the specific file names still worked. Did it for you?

No it didn't. I have nothing at all for anything related to Niche. Searching for the specific file made me wait for 20 minutes before coming to the conclusion of "this file does not exist". But thanks for helping

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scorpion said:

No it didn't. I have nothing at all for anything related to Niche. Searching for the specific file made me wait for 20 minutes before coming to the conclusion of "this file does not exist". But thanks for helping

Man that sucks. I hate to be redundant, but have you tried clicking on Niche, like one would open the Beta Tab, and use the "show my files" option? (On Steam). If that doesn't work, then there's no denying that nothing will.

If files split into two seperate locations aren't confusing you, I have a "Team Niche" Folder, but it never shows up in the search function. Not sure how you cope with it, but this is head-ache inducing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

Man that sucks. I hate to be redundant, but have you tried clicking on Niche, like one would open the Beta Tab, and use the "show my files" option? (On Steam). If that doesn't work, then there's no denying that nothing will.

If files split into two seperate locations aren't confusing you, I have a "Team Niche" Folder, but it never shows up in the search function. Not sure how you cope with it, but this is head-ache inducing.

How do you open the beta tab? (Sorry to bother you)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

How do you open the beta tab? (Sorry to bother you)

Right click on Niche in your game library, select properties, there should be different tabs at the top of the window that pops up. One of them is named 'beta'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Scorpion

Seconding Jojo.Assuming that you have the beta installed, after entering the password and chosing "tester_branch" from the tab, then this window should show up

20190324_192947.thumb.jpg.68ebaf4838029f80f7b252bc0218f08c.jpg

20190324_191207.thumb.jpg.fc9c2cf031f4394a27eeb2b71a462931.jpg

Third option from the headlines, first one down. Sorry about the German.

This doesn't hold the right files for me, but should tell you if you have some on your PC. These are in DATA (D:) in this case.

Meanwhile, AnimalNames.ini is in C.  Where they should be... LocalLow/Team Niche. 

20190324_191952.thumb.jpg.f1610b4741082b9feccd32a3ecec79ad.jpg

20190324_192139.thumb.jpg.daca8a8aba8266a67a63d4cc53e10686.jpg

You might have to search for it manually, or try "Niche - a genetics". It's stupid, I know, but sometimes it  works. Try searching for any of the listed items in C, D or whatever you might have, should you have found some files with Steam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomWanderer said:

@Scorpion

Seconding Jojo.Assuming that you have the beta installed, after entering the password and chosing "tester_branch" from the tab, then this window should show up

20190324_192947.thumb.jpg.68ebaf4838029f80f7b252bc0218f08c.jpg

20190324_191207.thumb.jpg.fc9c2cf031f4394a27eeb2b71a462931.jpg

Third option from the headlines, first one down. Sorry about the German.

This doesn't hold the right files for me, but should tell you if you have some on your PC. These are in DATA (D:) in this case.

Meanwhile, AnimalNames.ini is in C.  Where they should be... LocalLow/Team Niche. 

20190324_191952.thumb.jpg.f1610b4741082b9feccd32a3ecec79ad.jpg

20190324_192139.thumb.jpg.daca8a8aba8266a67a63d4cc53e10686.jpg

You might have to search for it manually, or try "Niche - a genetics". It's stupid, I know, but sometimes it  works. Try searching for any of the listed items in C, D or whatever you might have, should you have found some files with Steam. 

Alright, I got the same files in your second post. They don't have what's in your third picture. I'm pretty sure Niche and Team Niche have different folders or something15534568876161848536796.thumb.jpg.c3cda5ee93f7f20c3f697c04296650a5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

Alright, I got the same files in your second post. They don't have what's in your third picture. I'm pretty sure Niche and Team Niche have different folders or something15534568876161848536796.thumb.jpg.c3cda5ee93f7f20c3f697c04296650a5.jpg

They are not under steamapps. The folder path is C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\

Here is what it should look like (apart from where it says Jordi it should obviously say user or your name or whoever is the user of your pc)

 

Niche folder path show.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jojo said:

They are not under steamapps. The folder path is C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\

Here is what it should look like (apart from where it says Jordi it should obviously say user or your name or whoever is the user of your pc)

 

Niche folder path show.JPG

Thank you so much! How did I not see this three comments ago? You're a lifesaver. Like everyone who was trying to help me see what was in front of me, thanks bro.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im not able to find it. it has "windows" and "_commonredist" for the folders. how do i get to LocalLow and TeamNiche ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jenkuun said:

im not able to find it. it has "windows" and "_commonredist" for the folders. how do i get to LocalLow and TeamNiche ??

Have you tried searching for the files on your computer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Green the gene maker

Go into your files. Go where arrow A is pointing, then click where arrow B is pointing.

image.png.9b38a7e476769c53cd4211c3a1e9d402.png

After you've done that, type "Team Niche." This can take a while, so be patient

image.png.ca82aa01eca49348fb707be172e62818.png

After you wait, the file should pop up

image.png.deb7e3f0ee16dba4a2935ac3858952cf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG FINALLY

i think i did caps wrong or something the other time i did this

  • Eek! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Green the gene maker said:

OMG FINALLY

i think i did caps wrong or something the other time i did this

Yay! If you need anymore help, I'm still here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...