Stray Fawn Community

Custom Names and Gem Colors

Magicmoonss

I haven't been able to figure out how to enter in custom names and gem colors. I've looked through the new announcements, and topic discussions, but I didn't find anything that helped me. If anyone can help me out with that, I'll be very thankful. 

11 hours ago, Jojo said:

How you can customize the gem colors:
Open the file: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\ActionPointColors.ini
Add new colors, don't forget to save

The colors are html color codes. I used this site https://html-color-codes.info/

Just copy paste them into the file

57 minutes ago, Magicmoonss said:

I've read what the update says, but like Brokenshock I don't know where the file is, or how to find it.

the file is hidden. type in %appdata% in your file and if it loads somthing called "local low" go into it and the files should be there         

( thats what i did anyways)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

There wasn't for me, either, but searching for the specific file names still worked. Did it for you?

No it didn't. I have nothing at all for anything related to Niche. Searching for the specific file made me wait for 20 minutes before coming to the conclusion of "this file does not exist". But thanks for helping

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Scorpion said:

No it didn't. I have nothing at all for anything related to Niche. Searching for the specific file made me wait for 20 minutes before coming to the conclusion of "this file does not exist". But thanks for helping

Man that sucks. I hate to be redundant, but have you tried clicking on Niche, like one would open the Beta Tab, and use the "show my files" option? (On Steam). If that doesn't work, then there's no denying that nothing will.

If files split into two seperate locations aren't confusing you, I have a "Team Niche" Folder, but it never shows up in the search function. Not sure how you cope with it, but this is head-ache inducing.

2 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

Man that sucks. I hate to be redundant, but have you tried clicking on Niche, like one would open the Beta Tab, and use the "show my files" option? (On Steam). If that doesn't work, then there's no denying that nothing will.

If files split into two seperate locations aren't confusing you, I have a "Team Niche" Folder, but it never shows up in the search function. Not sure how you cope with it, but this is head-ache inducing.

How do you open the beta tab? (Sorry to bother you)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

How do you open the beta tab? (Sorry to bother you)

Right click on Niche in your game library, select properties, there should be different tabs at the top of the window that pops up. One of them is named 'beta'

• Like 1

@Scorpion

Seconding Jojo.Assuming that you have the beta installed, after entering the password and chosing "tester_branch" from the tab, then this window should show up

20190324_192947.thumb.jpg.68ebaf4838029f80f7b252bc0218f08c.jpg

20190324_191207.thumb.jpg.fc9c2cf031f4394a27eeb2b71a462931.jpg

Third option from the headlines, first one down. Sorry about the German.

This doesn't hold the right files for me, but should tell you if you have some on your PC. These are in DATA (D:) in this case.

Meanwhile, AnimalNames.ini is in C.  Where they should be... LocalLow/Team Niche. 

20190324_191952.thumb.jpg.f1610b4741082b9feccd32a3ecec79ad.jpg

20190324_192139.thumb.jpg.daca8a8aba8266a67a63d4cc53e10686.jpg

You might have to search for it manually, or try "Niche - a genetics". It's stupid, I know, but sometimes it  works. Try searching for any of the listed items in C, D or whatever you might have, should you have found some files with Steam. 

1 hour ago, RandomWanderer said:

@Scorpion

Seconding Jojo.Assuming that you have the beta installed, after entering the password and chosing "tester_branch" from the tab, then this window should show up

20190324_192947.thumb.jpg.68ebaf4838029f80f7b252bc0218f08c.jpg

20190324_191207.thumb.jpg.fc9c2cf031f4394a27eeb2b71a462931.jpg

Third option from the headlines, first one down. Sorry about the German.

This doesn't hold the right files for me, but should tell you if you have some on your PC. These are in DATA (D:) in this case.

Meanwhile, AnimalNames.ini is in C.  Where they should be... LocalLow/Team Niche. 

20190324_191952.thumb.jpg.f1610b4741082b9feccd32a3ecec79ad.jpg

20190324_192139.thumb.jpg.daca8a8aba8266a67a63d4cc53e10686.jpg

You might have to search for it manually, or try "Niche - a genetics". It's stupid, I know, but sometimes it  works. Try searching for any of the listed items in C, D or whatever you might have, should you have found some files with Steam. 

Alright, I got the same files in your second post. They don't have what's in your third picture. I'm pretty sure Niche and Team Niche have different folders or something15534568876161848536796.thumb.jpg.c3cda5ee93f7f20c3f697c04296650a5.jpg

17 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

Alright, I got the same files in your second post. They don't have what's in your third picture. I'm pretty sure Niche and Team Niche have different folders or something15534568876161848536796.thumb.jpg.c3cda5ee93f7f20c3f697c04296650a5.jpg

They are not under steamapps. The folder path is C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\

Here is what it should look like (apart from where it says Jordi it should obviously say user or your name or whoever is the user of your pc)

Niche folder path show.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jojo said:

They are not under steamapps. The folder path is C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Team Niche\Niche - a genetics survival game\

Here is what it should look like (apart from where it says Jordi it should obviously say user or your name or whoever is the user of your pc)

Niche folder path show.JPG

Thank you so much! How did I not see this three comments ago? You're a lifesaver. Like everyone who was trying to help me see what was in front of me, thanks bro.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Jenkuun said:

im not able to find it. it has "windows" and "_commonredist" for the folders. how do i get to LocalLow and TeamNiche ??

Have you tried searching for the files on your computer?

• 2 months later...