Stray Fawn Community

Possible Gene ideas?

X-auri

While watching some niche playthrough (shoutout to seri >:3 ) I thought up a few gene ideas?? so i just want to share them, and I'll try to draw them up at some point. just for fun

Gecko tail/plump tail - abilities

"decoy" - when attacked by a predator or bird, the creatures tail will drop, leaving them unharmed. to regrow the tail, it costs 15 food

heat resistance +1

Mermaid tail/finned tail - abilities

this one was a weirder idea, but basically when a set of legs match the tail (idk what tocall the legs, maybe mer-legs and mer-tail) the nicheling would instead become a strictly water creature, but they can swim farther than anything else

swimming +2 (or +3)

movement on land -1

pretty scales +1 (when near the coast, they could possibly attract more wandering nichelings

Camel body/humped body - abilities

good for savannah, the camel body can store water, and keep the nicheling cool. Possibly affects camouflage ?? (in a good way, or a bad way)

Heat resistance +3

movement +1

Predator eyes -abilities

Predator eyes have the bonus of allowing nichelings to see exactly where rabbil's are without using their smell/hearing, along with increasing their radius by 1 when in tall grass

sight +1

soft foot/stalking paws - abilities

allows nichelings to get right up on rabbil's/moles(boles? i forget what they're called) without startling them, though they lack the strength

+1 camouflage

+1 gathering

-1 attack

so those are some of my ideas??? just wanted to share. i was trying to doodle them up, but its actually kinda hard to draw in a style similar to niche. so rip, lol

hopefully I'll be able to give some type of visual examples

• 2 months later...

Hi there, friendo! ^u^ I love whatcha got here, but just letting you know: your Soft foot / Stalking paw idea is baaasically the same as Velvet Paw, but with a debuff. xD If your sneak level is high enough, you can sneak up behind the bunnies, but the moles will still see you if they look directly at you.

I once suggested a tail based upon leopard geckos, actually, so I have a picture here that's kiiinda niche style, just not all cool and 3D lol My suggestion was more geared toward the food storage aspect of gecko tails, though, not in the falling off aspect, because geckos without tails make me sad Q^Q My idea was, like, if you're all out of food, the tail will let you survive for three days before taking starving damage. So perhaps we can put your idea and my idea together? That your idea could be the draw-back to mine? Like: Blubber/Gecko tail lets you survive for three days before starting to starve, but if your nicheling is attacked it will fall off and you must use x-number-of-food to grow it back? I feel 15 food might be a little bit much. Perhaps however many berries you can pick from a full green berry bush in one day would be best? I don't know the exact number for that, though I'm pretty sure it's less than 15 xD

I love the predator eyes- maybe they would be big like the Seeing Ape's eyes? And they could be called Big Eyes, to match with the Big Ears and Big Nose, so that we can create nicheling offshoots of the apes? OuO I don't know how this would be drawn, but I can certainly give it a shot if you want! I love drawing pictures of fun suggestions!

My favorite suggestion you made by far is the Camel/Humped Body! Though I don't think it would add movement; maybe it could have a similar food-storing ability as the blubber/gecko tail instead of the +1 movement, and it would be like: +1 heat resistance -1 cold resistance +3 days food storage?

And hey, while we're at it with the food storage body parts, might as well add a Cheek Pouch face, right? Like how squirrels put food in their cheeks? It would store way less food than the tail or body, maybe just one day's worth, but it'd still be helpful, y'know? It could look similar to the Short Snout, but with puffy cheeks~<3

Blubber Tail.png