Stray Fawn Community

Savannah Animal - Jaogs

Trinket

I'd love to see some more critters in the savannahs. Both for dinner and for danger.

I think a Jaog would be an interesting creature to add to the savannahs. They appear to look like a cross of a Jackal and a Wild Dog.

The Jaog is a pack predator. 

The Jaog prefers to scavenge for meat, but will sometimes snack on berries. They move each turn, but only attack once a day. During their moves each turn they will steal whatever food they can get their paws on (be it fruit, meat, or roots)

The Jaog will also hunt other animals in the savannahs for food. As a pack, they will even attack together, so its unwise to leave a nichling overnight surrounded by them.

The Jaog is least likely to smack anyone with a mask pattern.

The Jaog has a strength of 3. A defense of 1. They have 1 fishing. They have 1 collecting. They have 1 digging. They live for about the same amount of time as a ramfox. They are worth 4-8 food each.

6 replies to this post

After I get up what my ideas already are. Just had forgotten they have to be separate. I'm pretty sure 40 days is reasonable. Plus I'm thinking of the sandbox settings where the nichlings can live a really long time... but I suppose I should be considering Story Mode as well so it's not as long. I'm also trying to keep some of it in line with the lifespans of some critters already around. Rabbils are immortal unless one swipes them so easy. I'm pretty sure the devs would choose a more reasonable lifespan.

I don't think, even with a lifespan of 40 days, that it should only give four food. It would be such a pain to kill for such a little reward that it wouldn't be worth it.. so how about like, 7 or 8 foods?

8 minutes ago, Basil said:

I don't think, even with a lifespan of 40 days, that it should only give four food. It would be such a pain to kill for such a little reward that it wouldn't be worth it.. so how about like, 7 or 8 foods?

Or perhaps the same amount a balance bear, or ape gives. I think that's 30 pieces? Except this is a pack... and I was going by ramfoxes... hrm.