Stray Fawn Community

Dragon (Dinosaur) Biome

Trinket

Sure dragons are mythological creatures. So maybe it'd be better to call it a Flying Dinosaur Biome as there's no fire breathing... but the word dragon just makes it sound more appealing.

The Dragon Biome is a mixture of Jungle, Swamp, Grassland, and possibly Mountain (without the snow... maybe its a volcanic mountain).

There could potentially be a river of lava and/or a tar pit which spreads during certain weather and recedes afterward. However, nichlings can somehow be rescued from these situations by another nichling with some sort of interaction maybe just one called 'pull out' in place of a lick or a warm up. However, while stuck in lava or unable to escape a tar pit their life will be slowly drained away... more so with the lava as that would be a quicker death than a tar pit.

Pitahaya's and bananas grow here. Both are fruits.

Bat Wings are more likely to spawn here.

Possible Genes that can only be found in Dragon Jungle Biome
1. Dome Head (like a dome head dinosaur. A type of head where a coconut can't stun/hurt them.)
2. Tri-horn (goes into horn slot and has three horns like that of a triceratops. Extra strength to hunt and defend.)
3. Spike tail (like a stegasaurus or gigantospinosaurus. Extra strength to hunt and defend.)
4. Raptor Head (Similar to a velociraptor. Has extra strength to hunt with)
5. Prehensile Tail (to gather fruit with) 
6. Frill Head (Like a Frilled Lizard. Able to collect bugs.)

• Like 9

10 replies to this post

An armored head suggestion can be found here:

Also there have been a bunch of volcanic island suggestions here:

Also also, I think that finding wanderers with the genes is a good idea to obtain them but I think that there should be other requirements to unlock them in the mutation menu that may be specific to island. Maybe for the dome head it could be to be hit by coconuts 25 times on the island for example. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Biogamer said:

Yes this is the best, what could the exact effects be and how do we get them? Would it be like finding prehistoric genes?

I doubt it would be exactly like that since there are no ice blocks here because it's too warm a climate. So I'm thinking wanderers that spawn here might have one of the genes spawning in their recessive's (like the round ears on Home Island). I'm pretty sure anything caught up in amber wouldn't survive like one imagines the possibility of natural cryo.

I'd have to think more about extra effects or find links to the suggestions that might have mentioned dome head, or any of the other things mentioned in case they've been suggested.

For unlocking the genes it could maybe be something to do with the tar pits, which are great fossil sites. Maybe in each tar pit a wanderer with one of the genes would spawn once you can see the tar pit - this obviously wouldnt work so well of the wanderer was there from the moment you get to the island as they would probably be dead by the time you reached them

Another way it could work is you might be able to find nicheling fossils in the tar pits which would look like the skeleton left behind when a nicheling dies only it would clearly show one of the dinosaur genes. You would be able to collect the fossil (possibly using the gathering skill?) and you would unlock whichever gene shows on the fossil

I personally prefer the second option, seeing as the first is basically the same as how you get the ice age genes. It also makes more sense seeing as ice age animals can be found preserved in ice (not alive, but still) while dinosaurs can only be found as fossils

It should be very hard to get out of tar pits - even mammoths were unable to free themselves before dying of starvation.

The volcano could also give out ash and gases and stuff when they errupt. This would make it dark (like when it rains only minus the rain). It would also get colder and cause food to grow back at a slower rate like in the savannah

This would be such an interesting addition, would there be much animal life on an island like this? A salamander could be cool, since they represent fire in a lot of cultures. Maybe something like that could spawn when the volcano erupts?