Stray Fawn Community

Cliffs/ Cliff Island

VankirvanJD

Cliff islands will of course have high plateaus here and there in an otherwise normal grassland looking biome (or a perhaps a scrubland biome.) The tiles will be tall, similar to the ones at the edge of savanna islands that sink into the water. On the tiles on the cliff face there will be the usual regular and poisonous berry bushes, and perhaps a new kind of plant/animal that can be found only on cliffs. At the top of these cliffs will be flat spaces that have the same things the ground does; acorn trees, berries, termite mounds, nests, etc. I think these islands will offer something different to see, and won't just be the usual flat or rising slope islands.

IMG_2815.thumb.jpg.5211eb25194110fc436e49041c332843.jpg

IMG_2816.thumb.jpg.102bd6f8e455ac5b362f5bb9bf1f4101.jpg

I was also thinking that maybe nichelings would need specific genes to climb these cliff faces, so hooved hind legs would be the best gene to do this in my opinion:

Found a similar suggestion from last year :D

• Like 4

4 replies to this post

I think this is a great idea because like with the sticky tongue you make a good reason for this gene. Though I think forelimb hooves should be added to make things more interesting. Though I'm wondering could you fall of these cliffs and if you do does the nicheling receive damage from it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biogamer said:

I think this is a great idea because like with the sticky tongue you make a good reason for this gene. Though I think forelimb hooves should be added to make things more interesting. Though I'm wondering could you fall of these cliffs and if you do does the nicheling receive damage from it?

Thanks! I didn't think of it as a forelimb gene because you'd most likely need two hooves to get enough climbing ability, like how two wings give you flying. I guess they would be useful with digging and cracking, but they wouldn't be able to help the nicheling collect plants off the cliffs.

Also I don't think they would take damage. If hooves aren't implemented then any nicheling with normal/bearyena hind legs can climb them. But if they added hooves too then they must have hooves. Perhaps hooves could be unlocked by attempting to climb cliffs.

• Like 1