Stray Fawn Community

Royal Bloodlines Playthrough (Final update)

StrangelyCloudy

I'm taking a short break from Repopulation challenge to do a more RP minded playthrough. This is called royal bloodlines, and centers around a clan of survivors led by a noble bloodline of great leaders. It has loose links to the random name and the pattern challenge, but the rules are very fluid.

Lifespans are set to

• 2 baby
  • 7 child
  • 14 teen
  • 100 adult (mama didn't raise no quitter)

Our starters are:

image.png.1557b1fca58021f0394cee9f182633f2.png

Lord Red Velvet - the high and mighty male ruler of the clan. He's got a bit of a hunter in him and will take a simple kill even though he's not supposed to, being king and all. He wants to do well for his clan but thinks the best way to do that is through firm leadership and strict accordance with tradition.

image.png.220a2900b71ffc7736754fae4e2daf6d.png

Lady Cheesecake - Lord Velvet's even tempered queen. She prides herself in a flawless work ethic and patient understanding. She listens to her packmates and tries to understand and address their worries. She doesn't like how her husband occasionally mistreats their clanmates.

image.png.5c0ec82882321df788a4242030612d7f.png

Huntree Alfajor - Active, energetic huntress Alfajor. She lives for the hunt and she's excellent at it. Her catches are always flawless and prey rarely sees her coming thanks to her lovely stripes and coat color.

image.png.e2b3e02559f1528d157e5700a2e50568.png

Farmer Apas - Humble, quiet farmer, Apas has a way with plants that is unrivaled except by his fellow farmer, Bredela. Though he has a very funny looking face, nobody can deny that he gets results.

image.png.8e56089a1b1b0a3abc17519c85fe114d.png

Healer Biscotti - Purr-snout faced Biscotti, a brave and curious healer. She can also run the fastest in the whole clan, ideal for getting to clanmmates that need aid. She treasures her purring power and prays she never has to use it.

image.png.b7fcdd92f7df5f407bd4697039777601.png

Farmer Bredela - Not related to Farmer Apas, though they look very similar. Bredela enjoys her work, though she always dreams about what life would have been like if she had been born with different genes. Another funny looking face, but nobody complains when their paws get sore and Biscotti uses roots (that Bredela digs up) to soothe their pain.

image.png.2a9aadf3f6faa6cc99dcddbf17f65f75.png

Warrior Ballokume - Ballokume is unique, and the strongest non-royal in the clan. Though not very fast, nobody can deny his great strength and strong desire to protect the clan. he has a crush on Alfajor, but can't seem to work up the courage to tell her.

• Like 5

A brief explanation of factions:

• Farmer - Gathers berries, roots, and nuts
  • Hunter - Hunts prey
  • Warrior - Guards the clan, challenges intruders, and kills predators.
  • Healer - Heals the clan and watches pups.

When a pup turns into a teen, they are taken to a sacred crystal. The symbols that appear on the crystal decide what faction that kit can join.

The first few days on the island are uneventful. King Red Velvet spots an oak tree in the distance and decrees that the clan will head there. Nearby is a small hill which will make an ideal throne room for him and the queen. Ballokume leads the charge through the grass, Alfajor stalks a stagmole, and Apas and Bredela pause to gather some berries for the clan's dinner.

Finally, they make it to the tree. Around the tree are not one, not two, but four berry bushes and abundant roots. Cheesecake is elated and decrees that this is where the clan will stay for the time being. Apas and Bredela get to work harvesting berries and roots, chatting about their good fortune. Ballokume is put on duty guarding the bushes from pesky rabbils. Alfajor goes off in search of something good to hunt. The king and queen set up in their quiet throne room. Cheesecake entertains herself by clearing the grass and nibbling on berries from a nearby bush. The king by the head of the hill, watching the rest of the clan from a distance.

One day, Bredela is gathering some roots when she smells a stranger! Though she's tempted to call Ballokume, she instead decides to investigate on her own and finds a deformed pup hiding behind a rock.

image.png.6798abddecfb5bb769027a40984fa871.png

"Oh goodness me, what are you doing here all alone?" she asks, sounding thoroughly shocked.

"Mama didn't want me no more" the kit replies, his words twisted strangely due to his malformed jaw. Bredela is horrified and immediately gives the kit some food and takes him in. Red Velvet comes over to ask what the farmer has found.

"A kit!" she declares. When Red Velvet casts the little scrap of a fur a withering glare, Bredela steps forward again.

"Look at his paws" she starts, trying to make her case. "He'd make an excellent farmer" she adds.

Though pups are not assigned by leaders normally, Red Velvet (thanks to some convincing by Cheesecake), decides to relent this one time. Biscotti walks over to tend to the pup and the matter is considered settled. The clan continues to move. Alfajor and Biscotti chat while Biscotti collects some healing herbs from the grass. Apas and Bredela work together to teach Bitasa the ways of the farmers. Ballokume deals with a truly impressive amount of bunnils all trying to get at their precious berries.

image.thumb.png.61a09f0f5d6582b38da0b507dc1bdb67.png

With things going so well, the king and queen decide it is time to expand the royal bloodline. They mate, and soon Cheesecake is pregnant with her first child. 

"Oh, I hope it's a girl. I'd love to have a little princess" Cheesecake swoons.

Red Velvet would rather have a good, strong son to take over the family line, but doesn't speak his thoughts out loud in front of his mate.

Apas and Bredela, having grown quite close over their teaching of Bitasa and their shared duties, also decide to start a family. Off to the side, Alfajor is hunting when she is suddenly ambushed by a bearyena. Ballokume races over to help, but finds she was able to take care of it by herself. Ballokume is so lovestruck that he admits is crush. They decide to spend some more time together, and hopefully start a family of their own if things work out.

Biscotti is out looking for herbs when suddenly, a tiny albino nicheling tumbles straight into her paws.

image.png.640506f47e3e75f8599b73a4b20e89a6.png

"What are you doing out here, all alone?" Biscotti asks.

"Please, you have to help me!" the terrified kit replied. Turns out, he was running from a bearyena. Ballokume and Alfajor work together to kill it, and the kit finally stops his trembling. Biscotti feeds him some food and invites him into the clan. Given he is much better looking than Bitasa, the king is much more willing to accept this decision.

Two days later, Biscotti is called to the throne room. The queen is giving birth!

image.png.97efb3bc799c067811708574dadaf429.png

Cheesecake gets her wish and bears a beautiful daughter she names Angel Cake. The entire clan gathers to give the queen their congratulations, and to see the lovely young princess. Angel Cake promises to be every bit as pretty as her mother.

Though he sort of wanted a son, the king falls in love with his daughter and promises to teach her how to be a great ruler. Everyone is happy for them.

image.png.167e3f75202f09816e833b981902febb.png

On the same day, Biscotti is called again! Now it's Bredela giving birth. She bears a daughter as well, who she dubs Chocolate Chip. She has the same funny face as her parents, but who knows what she might accomplish? The sacred crystal often seem to have a unique sense of humor. 

image.thumb.png.fefeb776dfa754be86fcd6f2ad4a0eb9.png

Angel Cake takes her first steps out of the nest the next day. Though she's not very graceful now, nearly faceplanting due to her large horns, Red Velvet steadies her with a paw. Everyone is surprised about how gentle he is, normally being rather firm and harsh, but he seems to have a velvet paw when it comes to his newborn daughter. Cheesecake is so happy to see it, she remembers why she loves him now. 

Meanwhile, Alfajor and Ballokume have decided to start a family on their own. Everyone wonders what their child will look like. After all, Ballokume is not full blooded nicheling. 

A peaceful bear approaches Bitcotti while she is out gathering herbs. She decides to give it some nesting material, even though the queen demands a constant supply of nesting material to maintain her special nest in the throne room.

Chocolate Chip takes her first steps from the nest, watched by the proud eyes of her mother and father. The clanmates offer their congratulations to the new parents. The queen even comes out to say hello to the new baby. Biscotti is happy she gets to look after such a nice, mild-mannered kit. 

Upopo grows into a teenager and is taken to the crystal. Inside he sees two symbols: An herb and a rabbil. 

"Which one do you choose?" the king asks.

Upopo glances between Biscotti and Alfajor. Alfajor has always been polite, but Biscotti was the one who found and saved him...

"I will join the healer faction!" he declares.

"Oh wonderful, a new charge that I can lavish all my healing wisdom and expertise!" Biscotti purrs excitedly. She promises to put his nimble fingers to good use gathering medicinal herbs and berries. 

Two days later, Alfajor gives birth to her baby. It's a son she names Abernethy. He seems to have gotten the best of both his father and mother. Everyone gathers to wish her congratulations. Upopo also got some valuable experience helping mothers give birth. Biscotti is already loving having an apprentice.

image.png.317cdb4e5035bd2f339890dadc8dfeb9.png

The king and queen decide to try again, this time hoping for a boy. The princess continues to take steps around the throne room and near the camp, always accompanied by her father. She starts greet and get to know her clanmates. Everyone adores how polite and sweet she is. Angel Cake promises to be a popular ruler.

A long drought is finally broken by rain. Everyone stays near the shelter of the acorn tree while the king ushers his daughter back to throne room. Abernethy takes his first steps from the next, watched closely by Alfajor and Biscotti. 

Abernethy proves to be a handful of a pup, and Biscotti and Upopo have their hands full trying to watch both him and Chocolate Chip.The princess grows into a teenager, and her education in politics, leadership, and traditions begin.

Chocolate Chip grows into a teenager and is taken to the crystal. On the surface, she sees a berry and a rabbil. Happy to join her parents, she eagerly chooses to join the farmer faction. Bredela and Apas practically burst with pride when they hear the news.

Some time later, Abernethy hits his teen years. He is taken to the crystal where he sees a rabbil. He's part of the hunter faction! Alfajor could not be prouder. A rogue male lurks near, trying to get to Bredela, but Ballokume successfully fends him off. 

image.png.08748ccaf6aa113192fcef18ade0e9d3.png

image.thumb.png.67c454427ee9891c2517d2a0c222029a.png

Not too long after, the queen gives birth again, this time to a son named Basbousa. He's a little rough and tumble, just like his father, but the king is ecstatic. However, the queen packs up her nest, shocking the king. However, as though he has read her thoughts, he nods and calls the clan together...

• Like 3

It is decided the clan must move on. Their peaceful meadow days cannot last forever. To the north is a grass mingle, and going there promises new and exciting challenges. But there are too many to travel! The king mates with the queen one last time and tells her to go on without him. Farmer Apas and Farmer Bredela also stay behind. The Queen is devastated. Ballokume and Angel Cake have to work together to get her on the port. Without further ado, the clan travels to the new lands beyond.

Once they are there, the queen settles down atop a nice stump and gives birth to king Red Velvet's last child - a princess dubbed Aranygaluska. Everyone calls her Arany for short. She's quite beautiful, but the birth of her daughter does little to ease the queen's broken heart.

image.png.46c90309102df564da948b04c5e7f5a6.png

Shortly after, Alfajor gives birth to a daughter she names Leckerli. Abernethy is apathetic towards his sister and is a rather lazy hunter. Ballokume starts to lose patience with his son especially after he messed up a simple stagmole hunt. Abernethy let's his father's words go in one ear and right out the other. 

image.png.c110268c98e473a9494591e4f6717d16.png

Biscotti finds a teenaged pup by the name of Pirichya. The crystal declares that she belongs to the warrior faction, despite her disfigured paws. Ballokume isn't quite sure how to teach her to be a warrior when she can't actually hit things and smells really bad. 

image.png.c206a7fe591b796f4a01ffa39d4249cd.png

While on a hunt, Alfajor meets a young pup named Goku. Despite his deformed jaw, he's a rather feisty fellow who is desperate to prove himself. The crystal declares him a hunter, a job that suits him well. 

image.png.a7d5048d5c10575b1c93d1a6228d845e.png

Alfajor gives birth to her third child - a daughter named Shortcake. She's as beautiful as her mother and promises to steal hearts wherever she goes. Ballokume and Alfajor are very proud of the family they have made.

image.png.a260f118898890103aba92cf13c367b6.png

The royal family is trying to make friends with a peaceful bear when the queen gets spooked and accidentally strikes it. They quickly offer three nesting material as a peace offering and rapidly move away, hoping that the bear will forgive and forget. They were very wrong.

Ballokume has his hands full trying to discipline his son and chase down a rogue male who keeps trying to harass the royal family. The rogue keeps out of harm's way by only a hair, while frustrates the warrior more than anything else. Finally, Abernethy agrees to help his father chase down the rogue after it nearly hurts his little sister.

Leckleri grows up and the crystal decides she is a warrior. Ballokume is very proud and eager to teach his daughter all that he knows. He assigns Pirichya to clear grass, realizing that's all she's really good for. She doesn't get that it's just to keep her out of trouble and takes her job very seriously. 

The peaceful bear has not forgiven, and abruptly kills the queen. The entire family is shocked, and they try another offering of nesting material. It works, but only for a moment.

image.png.bfc71407d58ef55eaca559ef46d68ca4.png

Chocolate Chip and Abernethy have a son they name Macaroon. His ambiguous abilities leave most of the clan confused as to where the crystal might place him, but he's a sweet child and simply to be near him is to love him. 

Then things rapidly go downhill. The peaceful bear continues it's onslaught, killing Biscotti in cold blood. When Ballokume tries to stop it, he is killed by a defender bear that literally came out of nowhere.

Then a bearyena arrives, killing Bitasa, Macaroon, and Pirichya before Alfajor manages to take it down. However, using her turns to take down the bearyena put her right in the path of the peaceful bear, and she soon falls to it's claws as well.

Another bearyena pops up, this time blocking the clan's only escape route across a river. Goku and Leckerli are sent to deal with the problem but, being only teenagers, are unable to take it down before it kills them. The entire time, the peaceful bear stalks closer, eventually killing Chcolate Chip and Basbousa when they try to block it's path.

The Defender bear, apparently having caught up, kills Aranygaluska for trying to defend her family. The only survivor is now Upopo.

He is killed by the peaceful bear on the next turn, and the entire clan has died 😞

• Sad 5

I had a savefile where I did something like this once.. I'm sad to hear it had come to an end rather quickly. But I say give it another shot! It was very intresting hearing about the little kingdom :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LonelyPerson said:

I had a savefile where I did something like this once.. I'm sad to hear it had come to an end rather quickly. But I say give it another shot! It was very intresting hearing about the little kingdom :D 

I think I will, and turn off the defender and peaceful bears this time -_-

• Like 1

I purposely attacked a Peaceful bear the first time I saw them. Innocent me didn't know they attacked back. it killed two parents and their two tiny children. Only a wander teen that the tribe invited in at the last moment survived.

Recently I updated my niche Competition tribe to 1.1.7. There was a rogue male, and it impregnated some of my creatures. They attacked and killed it, then i used the scent and hearing views to see what was nearby. Guess what yellow silhouette appeared a few tiles away from the dead rogue male...

But a reincarnation of Kinarri (god of bravery) killed it without getting hurt (attack and run). He had 9 strength and took it down himself :D (maybe Queen Relen has a crush on him now...? hint hint)