Stray Fawn Community

Tribe of the Elder Bear

KittyDragon

Mudskip flailed around in the water, chasing after the razoranias swarming the area. Usually, there were only one or two of them at a time, but now there were almost thirty of them here, lured out of the depths by the unusually warm weather. "There's so many of them... Even if summer came a bit early, there shouldn't be any reason for them to be swarming like this!" Thought Mudskip as he waved his webbed paws around, desperately trying to catch hold of one of the scaly red creatures. He was an excellent swimmer, but was awful at catching fish. His paw struck one of the razoranias, its rough scales scraping against his skin. Mudskip's gills flared out in surprise as he quickly pulled his paw back, looking at where he had been scratched. "No bleeding, that's good. If I had gotten cut then I would've been attacked by all of them..." He shook his head and continued trying to capture the fish, not noticing the chestnut-brown nicheling that had landed on the shore.

• Like 1

Mudskip hears a splash behind him and spins around, expecting to see another razorania. Instead, looking up he sees the silhouette of a brown, winged nicheling blurred by the ripples on the water's surface. Mudskip sighs, "It's clear that trying to get rid of the razoranias this way isn't working. Maybe after I take a break from trying to catch these fish, I'll be able to think of a better way to break up this swarm." He lifts himself out of the ocean and sits down on the shore, the waves lapping at his webbed feet. "Hi Wren, what did you want to talk about?"

Mudskip looks down at the water as the blurry shapes of the razoranias dart below the surface. "I'm afraid we're looking at one right now..." He says waving his paw at the swarm. "All of these razoranias just showed up today. There are usually only one or two of them here, but now there are tons. If we don't do something, then the numbers might reach into the hundreds by the end of today... They probably came up here because the weather is a bit warmer then usual, but that still doesn't explain why there's so many of them."

• Like 1

"Any sort of meat should work, but they only attack creatures that are wounded..." Said Mudskip, staring into the water. He looks back up at wren and says, I understand if you don't want to harm anything, so you may be able to trick them with certain fruits..." Mudskip paused for a moment trying to remember what would work. "...There is a jungle on an island just south of here. It isn't too far away, you can easily see it from the coast. You'll find these healing fruits in the heart of it. They're orange and bright red inside. Just be careful when cutting them open, the juice is really sticky, like honey. When you get one make sure you drop it far off the coast, as it will only distract them for a moment. Once they bite into it, they'll realize it's not meat and lose interest, but if they're far away from the shore, then they should return back into the deep ocean."

• Like 1

Wren nodded, "Okay, thank you for the information.. I'll try my best!". Wren shot up into the sky and starting flying across the ocean, Wren could see the island..  But she was practically shaking with fear. She always heard about the apes that dwelled in the jungles. But however, Wren trusted if Mudskip didn't warn her about it that she didn't have to worry about it. She shook her head trying to shake her mind from the nervousness. She reached the island and landed in the clearing. There were stinky fruit trees, roots sticking up out of the ground.. She even caught sight of a rogue male stumbling it's way through the tall grass. She lowered her snout to the jungle ground, following the bitter-sweet herb that she guessed was the healing fruit. Her nose led her to a leafy plant with a bright orange bud with red juice oozing out of it. She picked it from it's leaves and flew up into the sky, it was a bit heavy.. She made her way through the sky her strained brain relaxing. She landed on the coast, "I got em!" she called to Mudskip.

• Like 1

"Anything to help!" She nodded, flying back into the sky. She paused in mid-air, "Where do I go when I'm done patrolling...?" she wondered. "Can I hang out with other nichelings? Or would they all be too busy.. I wouldn't want to be nuisance.." She thought to herself. "Well.. Maybe Zorthok wouldn't mind to chat. Zorthok probably didn't mean to come off as rude. Maybe he wasn't busy now. She flew off towards the Aquamarine Marsh. She decided to land in the mangrove tree. "Zorthok..?" She called out.

• Like 1

Ooh I like this!

Mime.jpg.2dd458522d98bc634b0b46037b63f5b8.jpg

tranquil rabbil (I mean she’s the goddess of them.)

she is calm and a lot like the defender bears. She has armored body despite never being in the Arctic (In this RP, her reincarnation hasn’t.)

• Like 2

(Response to Aetherskye)

Anepa nods her head and smiles at Mime, "Of course you can join, Soup has been looking for someone to take his place for a while now, so it should be fine. Our tribe welcomes you with open arms! The Elder Bear roars cheerfully. *Groowph*

(Response to SurprisingConfetti)

"I'm not sure..." Admits Wobble. "Some nichelings say that they've seen him sneaking around the port to the north... Some other groups of nichelings live on the islands that way. (Groups from other role-playing pages) Maybe you could go there and ask if anyone has seen him? That would be so cool! Like some sort of spy mission... exept that you actually want to get seen..."

• Like 1

"Hm.. The North port..." She murmured, thinking. "Maybe that's what he was muttering about when I saw him.." She thought. "So I should track him down using the North Ports trail? I think I could probably fly across the trail pretty easily." 

• Like 1

Anepa smiles at the young newcomer and explains, "Mime, as Tranquil Rabbil you must make sure that a variety of foods are collected. Currently, we need roots and berries. Soup is very good at digging, so he should easily be able to find roots, and I'm sure that you'll have no problem gathering berries with your nimble fingers... Oh, sorry, since there originally wasn't anyone filling your position, I got used to organizing all the Peaceful Gatherers myself. I'll let you decide how to collect everything, that is your role after all!"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KittyDragon said:

Anepa smiles at the young newcomer and explains, "Mime, as Tranquil Rabbil you must make sure that a variety of foods are collected. Currently, we need roots and berries. Soup is very good at digging, so he should easily be able to find roots, and I'm sure that you'll have no problem gathering berries with your nimble fingers... Oh, sorry, since there originally wasn't anyone filling your position, I got used to organizing all the Peaceful Gatherers myself. I'll let you decide how to collect everything, that is your role after all!"

(Ahh! ping me next time!)

Do you know where any bushes by trees are? I know i can crack nuts too. Mime asks anepa

• 2 weeks later...

Anepa paced nervously around the camp. "It's been so long since Wren has left..." She turned towards the Elder Bear and asked, "Perhaps we should send Kokirdo out to find her?" The Elder Bear shook his head and growled deeply. "So you're sure that she's okay? ...All right, we'll wait a bit longer for her return." Said Anepa, looking to the sky.