Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 004: Wolverine (New offence for the cold)

Biogamer

In the end the only genes that relate to cold resistance (3 of which are negative 😒). The wolverine has the best stats to make life in the cold much easier. First would be a pretty common request, small ears. It would be unlocked in the exact way as big ears by spending 30 days in a cold climate, the effects would be +2 hearing, -1 heat resistance and +2 cold resistance. Hearing wouldn't really be needed in a cold climate so I don't think hearings necessary.

Then there would be the snarling snout. The way to obtain this gene would be to growl at predators, prey, ect 50 times. The effects would be similar to saber fangs and bearyena snout being: +1 Distasteful Appearance+1 Strong Voice, +2 Smelling, though I see this gene more likely used incase people don't want to try getting a friendly bearyena or risk going to a cold biome.

The next gene would be small legs which would basically be the same as runners leg except spending 30 days in a cold climate and the effects being +1 cold resistance, +1 speed and +1 strength. This would be the same for the hind legs except replacing speed with strength. The final gene would be a pattern like strips except facing horizontally on the body. The pattern would give a bonus +1 camouflage depending on the fur colour (e.g. White coat for snow biomes).

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

3 replies to this post

Again, each gene should be given its own post. I would definitely give the head +1 strength seeing as wolverines are predatory and use their relatively powerful jaws for hunting. The legs are pretty cool but because they are so short I can't see them working for nichelings. For starters, imagine how silly a nicheling would look if it had just 1 wolverine leg and the other was a normal length leg. They would also need new models for the bodies so that the bodies would work with the different sized legs. The horizontal stripes would be great, although I don't see why they would add extra camouflage 

• Like 1