Stray Fawn Community

charge interaction for horns/antlers/etc

kakapo123

I know I've read something about this in a suggestion before, but I think it must've been a post about something else because I can't find it :| If anyone else knows where it is you could add a link in the comments for me?

Anyhoo, from what I remember this post suggested that nichelings with horns/antlers would have an option over them (like with the purr snout) to charge. They would then go in one direction continually until they bumped into something. If that something happened to be another animal it would be dealt damage. While I love the idea of being able to charge into other amimals and deal damage, I can't see this method working. I think it would work better if it was more like the swooping interaction that winged nichelings can use to attack rabbils and crabbits

With my method, all genes under the horn slot (other than antennae of course) would give nichelings a charge stat. It wouldn't be something that has levels but instead would be something nichelings either have or don't have like the stats for being venomous or having a distasteful scent. Nichelings with this stat would have an option over larger animals (bearyenas, walrus deer, ramfoxes, balance bears and the two bears that will be added in the upcoming update) or other nichelings within their travelling range that would allow them to charge at it. They would then move from their current space to the nearest space beside whatever they're attacking, and would deal however much damage their strength dictates. They could also stun whatever they're attacking, which would work the same as coconuts falling on a nichelings head

• Like 2

12 replies to this post

4 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

and the two bears that will be added in the upcoming update

technically it's out, but in Testing. They're called the peaceful bear and the Defender Bear. Peaceful Bears aren't so peaceful when you attack hem, though...

9 hours ago, BirdsAreCool said:

but why? I can't see any reason for them to be different

more reward for the harder biome,megalasauros horns should be the best.

59 minutes ago, Zixvir said:

more reward for the harder biome,megalasauros horns should be the best.

as I said in the post, the amount of damage dealt would be determined by the nicheling's strength stat. that would mean that the Megaloceros antlers would deal more damage, seeing as they have +2 strength while the other horns and antlers have only +1 strength

8 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

technically it's out, but in Testing. They're called the peaceful bear and the Defender Bear. Peaceful Bears aren't so peaceful when you attack hem, though...

It's not been officially released so technically it's not actually out, it's still being tested for bugs ;)

• Like 1