Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 008: Turtles (People love turtles)

Biogamer

It is actually surprising something as iconic as a turtle isn't part of the gene pool, so might as well do it now. The snout would be the turtle beak, it would be unlocked by swimming 50 and collecting algae 50 times. The effects would be +1 smelling , +1 fishing and +2 collecting. Because species of carnivorous freshwater turtles have great fishing skills whilst herbivorous sea turtles can easily collect things like seaweed.

The body would be pretty obvious with the turtle shell being one of the turtles iconic features. The shell body can be obtained by receiving 30 attacks whilst swimming 30 times. Though risky I think it would be well worth it, with the effects being +2 defence, -1 flight. The front paws would look exactly like a green sea turtles. They can be called turtle pads (isn't really what there called but sounds nice) and could be unlocked by swimming 60 times. But this would be worth it with only few water related genes have +2 swimming. So seeing a turtle beak with water body, two turtle pads webbed hind legs and tail fin would make a pretty fast swimmer.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer

Where-To-See-Turtles-In-Australia.jpg

8 replies to this post

A different take on shell stats can be found here:

And I like the idea of less speed with the buffer unless it goes below one in which case a creature would have one speed. For example a creature which would normally have three speed would have two and a creature that would have one would still have one but maybe less energy would be a good balance.

• Thanks 1

Personally, I don’t like the idea of the shell reducing speed, even if turtles are generally slow. I mean, snapping turtle can run pretty fast when they want to.

maybe instead of 2 defense, it could only have 1, but does not reduce speed.

Edited by The_Espurr_Queen
posted some examples of turtles running
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:02 AM, The_Espurr_Queen said:

Personally, I don’t like the idea of the shell reducing speed, even if turtles are generally slow. I mean, snapping turtle can run pretty fast when they want to.

maybe instead of 2 defense, it could only have 1, but does not reduce speed.

Yeah I saw both those videos, but they were referring to sea turtle shells here and by the way, the first turtle was a softshell, one of the fastest turtles in the world on land, they are also really fast in water, but for this speed, they only have leathery skin instead of keratinous scales for armour

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:09 AM, The_Espurr_Queen said:

@Fishyfishyfishy500

I could see a variant of the turtle shell that adds +1 more defense, but reduces speed, since tortoises are well armored, but slow

good idea, and give it +1 heat resistance and -1 or 2 cold resistance, so it will be better for savannahs and swamps than the armored body and so that it will fit the theme of "reptile" 🐢

• Like 1