Stray Fawn Community

Dust bathing (keep insects away and keep cool)

VankirvanJD

I don't think this has been suggested before since I couldn't find anything, please link me if it has.

Animals dust bathe for various reasons; to rid themselves of parasites, keep insects away, dry themselves, and to keep cool/provide suncreen.

3.jpg.ae8d6fcc656f03833d4644e516964cf5.jpg

http://www.pxleyes.com/blog/2012/03/the-beauty-of-the-zebra-in-50-wildlife-photos/

Maybe nichelings who dust bathe can keep the swamp insects away from them for a few days (maybe 2 or 3, including the same day they dust bathe). And/or be provided sunscreen if they are a hot animal for again 2 or 3 days.

This could make handling the bugs a little easier if you don't have insect-eating heads, and would help cool animals down so we would no longer have to settle with them loosing actions. Personally I like the former function more since better genes/actions have been suggested to stay cool in hot climates in my opinion.

Nichelings can dust bathe on sand or grassless tiles I guess

Edit: This could probably help nichelings get rid of leeches themselves instead of having to depend on another nicheling to lick it off

• Like 4

4 replies to this post