Stray Fawn Community

What will the next update bring for Niche?

I want to hear what you would like to see in the next update Of Niche. Remember: if you have something specific that you would like to see in the next update, put it in the features suggestion forum! 

I think that I personally would like to see an update more focused on new genes 🧬. Of course I love the new sandbox update, and all the new gameplay changes that have happened, but my favorite part of looking through the suggestions forum is the new genes people come up with. Although I do think that any future sandbox options would be great too.

• Like 4

That's hard. Crafting islands by hand would be awesome, but is unlikely to be implemented at this point.  So new trees, new entity types. Like a seasons island, cliffs, caves, one of these suggestions. But it's pretty much finished, making big updates seem unlikely outside of add-ons.

• Like 5

I agree with the two above. Either custom islands and or seasons. New genes are cool for a short lifespan but I am looking to play Niche for a long time and custom islands would be so great!

• Like 5

Personally, I would really like new animals to fill the gaps in the ecosystems like large herbivores, feline carnivores, more water dwellers and some smaller creatures that can change the layout of the island a bit. But what I would like the most, as sort of a FINAL BIG update, would be a huge island that would take a very long time to explore. It would have every different biome, with savannah, grassland and jungle on the lowlands, and snow on the peaks. Then, a decent amount of ocean tiles. Maybe, every few days, a small whale, like a tiny whale island, could come and stay for a few days in the ocean, allowing you to get on its back for extra resources. Every single creature could spawn on this island, and there could be a few new ones in a new volcano or cave biome at the center of the island. Finally, there could be a true challenge mode implemented. It would not change the game a lot, but it would alter the behavior and abilities of all creatures, and make the game more of a challenge. There have been many cool ideas for a hard mode, like falling islands, invasive species that would try to take over the island, or making it so other animals can change their abilities over time and adapt to your nichelings. An update like this would be great for old players who need something to really freshen the game

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, thivid08 said:

Personally, I would really like new animals to fill the gaps in the ecosystems like large herbivores, feline carnivores, more water dwellers and some smaller creatures that can change the layout of the island a bit. But what I would like the most, as sort of a FINAL BIG update, would be a huge island that would take a very long time to explore. It would have every different biome, with savannah, grassland and jungle on the lowlands, and snow on the peaks. Then, a decent amount of ocean tiles. Maybe, every few days, a small whale, like a tiny whale island, could come and stay for a few days in the ocean, allowing you to get on its back for extra resources. Every single creature could spawn on this island, and there could be a few new ones in a new volcano or cave biome at the center of the island. Finally, there could be a true challenge mode implemented. It would not change the game a lot, but it would alter the behavior and abilities of all creatures, and make the game more of a challenge. There have been many cool ideas for a hard mode, like falling islands, invasive species that would try to take over the island, or making it so other animals can change their abilities over time and adapt to your nichelings. An update like this would be great for old players who need something to really freshen the game

YES

Or a seasons island would be cool too! And the apes hibernate when the balance bears come out! :D

• Like 6