Stray Fawn Community

Defender Bear Fits of Rage

ChasingNyx
Message added by Philo

Game Design Problem - Philo is looking into it

So I don't have any screenies but basically I had a baby sitting near a defender bear, no other things around besides blue birds, and then it got attacked w/ the bleeding symbol. So blue birds don't have blood symbols when they snatch your kids and I hadn't touched a single friendly or neutral enemy. Note I had killed an attacking hostile bearyena before this. It just.. snatched a kid in a fit of rage. Idk man I'm confused but this boi smacced a kid too hard

image.thumb.png.64d58d43b1afee2b8483e65b06767cc3.png

IT DID IT AGAINNN

image.png.1abcac2c7bb7a2321f8e1464f8a02fe6.png

This new defender just smacced my poor boi. All he has done is smack a bearyena that was trying to kill hiiiim. Is attacking a hostile bearyena a crime now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 replies to this post

In my experiments they avoided babies. They avoided them so much, that when a target female gave birth, he stopped going after her. From the savety of the nest, she had unlimited free swipes. Killing babies is 100% bug, but attacking a hostile bearyena before it hits you counts as aggression on your part. Teens have 2 gems and aren't spared.

• Like 1

The Defender Bears don't care about who is "good" and who is "evil".
They will attack whoever they see attacking someone else.

@ArtisticToad That indeed sounds like a bug. They should never be attacking anyone who didn't attack (and babies are unable to attack).

Has anyone else witnessed this bahaviour? (Defender Bears attacking Babies)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Philo said:

The Defender Bears don't care about who is "good" and who is "evil".
They will attack whoever they see attacking someone else.

@ArtisticToad That indeed sounds like a bug. They should never be attacking anyone who didn't attack (and babies are unable to attack).

Has anyone else witnessed this bahaviour? (Defender Bears attacking Babies)

I ran a whole test run. They never hit babies, but would very often hit someone else when the offender was out of sight and reach.

Another bug, though. Since they avoid babies, having an offending female give birth protects her fully, all sins forgiven. After that, the bear starts acting strangely. Usually, they can pursue at least two nichelings and give them all one swipe for their offense. After the nest glitch, however, they would find one nicheling to take punishment for all. Still, almost everyone had a baby killed by a defender

• Like 2