------------------------------------

Fire Bringer? 

The Sight?
Fel?

Ratha's Creature?

Kimba (Whatever the Manga was called with him in it. Wish I could find it to buy it as long as it's not overly priced due to its publication date)

Is there any other book or book series you'd recommend that has an animal (be they real or mythical) as main POV as above? I prefer ones with as little human interaction as possible. So not really looking for stories like Stuart Little or 101 Dalmations though those are adorable.

What animal(s) do you wish had books in their POV? Which do you think are overused and underused? 

What is your favorite types of plots when it comes to books and book series mentioned above?

• Like 2

I have read all warrior books (not all manga's), the first wings of fire (don't like it), the first bravelands (Pretty boring), the first four of Wolves of the beyond with the fifth already in my shelf but unread as of yet (I like them) and I have read the first survivors and have the second one but not read it as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trinket said:

Wings of Fire?
Warriors?
Survivors?
Seekers?
Bravelands?

Owls of Ga'Hoole?
Wolves of the Beyond?

I've read all of those. Well, I'm currently reading WoF right now, and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole too. Everything else I've read all the books of. Watership Down is on my to-read list.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trinket said:

Warriors?
Survivors?
Seekers?

Yes, I’m currently reading Warriors: Fading Echos right now and I’ve picked up the other two series in the past. I got extremely bored of Survivors but Seekers was an interesting take on the life of three bears. Bravelands, I’m not so sure. I’ve also heard of Foxcraft and I’m dazzled by the “foxes with powers!” idea and such, but I never picked it up. Though of all honesty, I like books with human protagonists but with secondary/tertiary animal protagonists. Have any of you read Julie’s Wolf Pack? It’s a good book and I totally recommend it, even if you’re die-hard fans of “ANIMALS ONLY!” books. 

Edited by Goggles-kun
Interesting way to spell “survivors” eh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Yes, I’m currently reading Warriors: Fading Echos right now and I’ve picked up the other two series in the past. I got extremely bored of Survivors but Seekers was an interesting take on the life of three bears. Bravelands, I’m not so sure. I’ve also heard of Foxcraft and I’m dazzled by the “foxes with powers!” idea and such, but I never picked it up. Though of all honesty, I like books with human protagonists but with secondary/tertiary animal protagonists. Have any of you read Julie’s Wolf Pack? It’s a good book and I totally recommend it, even if you’re die-hard fans of “ANIMALS ONLY!” books. 

1.I am ashamed that I had to looks that up to remember which book it was. Anyways, I was unfortunate and came to the Warriors Universe by picking up the first Omen of the Stars book. At least I got Into the Wild as soon as possible. I think I'd finished all the other books by the time The Last Hope came out/I read it

2. Surviviors really picked up in the second series. i mean, a MYSTERIOUS MURDERER and all

3. Bravelands was really good in my opinion

4. never heard of it

1 minute ago, Goggles-kun said:

image.thumb.jpg.9d02128be82ffa75d551264579617d9b.jpg

I feel like I've heard of a book called julie of the Wolves, but I've never looked into it. *adds to Goodreads Want to Read list that already has 41 books in it*

• Like 1

I've read all Warriors books (including mangas and such), all the Seekers books (and their mangas), the Bravelands series (which gets really intense and compelling after book 1), the Horses of the Dawn series (by same author of Guardians of Ga'hoole), the Survivors series, the Wings of Fire series (everything, even the winglets, except for the most recent graphic novel) and I'm actually currently reading the second book in the Ratha series, Clan Ground. Phew.

Out of all of these series I'd say Horses of the Dawn and Seekers are my favorite, with Bravelands and WoF close behind. I used to be a huge Warriors fan but now that I'm older I'm recognizing plot and character flaws that bother me (and yet I still keep up to date with the books lol). So far the Ratha series is alright, hopefully it'll pick up. I really want to try the Ga'hoole series (love the movie) and Wolves of the Beyond as well. I've seen the Watership Down movie and Netflix mini-series so I don't really want to try the book anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I’ve heard of that series! Me as a 10 year old would’ve loved it, I bet...

You could still try it! I'm too old for all the books mentioned (except for Watership Down and Ratha's Creature) I feel, but eh, as long as the reading level is a little sophisticated and not just "The cat jumped up. Then it landed and meowed," I can enjoy it.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, Skysplash8 said:

I've read all of those. Well, I'm currently reading WoF right now, and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole too. Everything else I've read all the books of. Watership Down is on my to-read list.

ive read all the Wof but the winglets

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

I've read all Warriors books (including mangas and such), all the Seekers books (and their mangas), the Bravelands series (which gets really intense and compelling after book 1), the Horses of the Dawn series (by same author of Guardians of Ga'hoole), the Survivors series, the Wings of Fire series (everything, even the winglets, except for the most recent graphic novel) and I'm actually currently reading the second book in the Ratha series, Clan Ground. Phew.

Out of all of these series I'd say Horses of the Dawn and Seekers are my favorite, with Bravelands and WoF close behind. I used to be a huge Warriors fan but now that I'm older I'm recognizing plot and character flaws that bother me (and yet I still keep up to date with the books lol). So far the Ratha series is alright, hopefully it'll pick up. I really want to try the Ga'hoole series (love the movie) and Wolves of the Beyond as well. I've seen the Watership Down movie and Netflix mini-series so I don't really want to try the book anymore.

There's quite a difference still between the movie, mini-series and the Watership Down book. Although it is an older and rather longish read. 
I think I only read one Horses of the Dawn book thus far... unless it was a different horse series.
I kind of wish they'd make a series for Wolves of the Beyond. 

Yeah Warriors is full of a lot of flaws, but I still enjoy reading it despite its flaws even though those same flaws get frustrating/annoying.

1 hour ago, Trinket said:

Yeah Warriors is full of a lot of flaws, but I still enjoy reading it despite its flaws even though those same flaws get frustrating/annoying.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure those errors exist because the Erins haven’t had a lot of time to fully develop the story/characters since they have such a short window of time to write the draft n’stuff. Maybe if they were given more than a few months, those flaws wouldn’t exist...? Then again, I’m not so sure if my speculation is correct.

1 hour ago, Trinket said:

There's quite a difference still between the movie, mini-series and the Watership Down book. Although it is an older and rather longish read. 
I think I only read one Horses of the Dawn book thus far... unless it was a different horse series.
I kind of wish they'd make a series for Wolves of the Beyond. 

I might try it, but it isn't too much of a priority since I've already gotten Watership Down material. It'd be cool to see the differences/similarities and get more details about certain events. The first Horses of the Dawn book is about a horse born on a ship being thrown into the ocean with four other horses, and the main character leads them to their origin land, so if that sounds familiar then you've read it hehe.

26 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure those errors exist because the Erins haven’t had a lot of time to fully develop the story/characters since they have such a short window of time to write the draft n’stuff. Maybe if they were given more than a few months, those flaws wouldn’t exist...? Then again, I’m not so sure if my speculation is correct.

Yeah I think you're right, I think they have like 5-6 months after each book? More time to write would definitely benefit the series but as it stands it's painful to read sometimes 😂

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

WHITE FANG! HAS ANYONE READ WHITE FANG???

YES I HAVE THAT NETFLIX FILM WAS HORRIBLE THOUGH (don't worry i watched it after I read the book) SHAME ON YOU NETFLIX