Stray Fawn Community

The Grandmother's Story

KittyDragon

This is the story of Grandmother, the creator of all (my) nichelings, and how she created the world and stuff like that.

Let's begin! (Argh! My setting is all messed up!)

Okay, now that everything's fixed, here are my starters. Grandmother and the Embodiment of Purity / The First Nichelings, Anare (Female) and Dukvan (Male)

image.thumb.png.2d9e5c923738bfac8fd01a9a78d81c61.png

It's Grandmother's job to make sure these two don't die instantly, so she'd better get to work. Sadly though, the only thing she can do is dig, so we've got a rough start. The game even teases us with rain, how rude! Ah well, we have plenty of food to last us until the little ones grow up (10 days) so we'll just pathetically flail at this bush until that happens.

image.thumb.png.eded45196043af557e03d31faf241d4f.png

Well, looks like Grandmother found a bit of imperfection in her world. She names this wanderer Glblooth, and decides to care for it. The creature then thanks her in the only way it knows how... by giving her a cold. We'll call this little one the Embodiment of Imperfection / Spreader of Illness. Adorable.

image.thumb.png.bd8abaea2e811944903fab5eeaa8e530.png

I then noticed that I messed up the age settings again, so I sent everyone off to a different world. I also improved (if you can call it that) Glblooth, so he fits his role better. He was originally a wanderer with random genes, so I made his genes more random! (I'm pretty good at making nichelings that seem randomly spawned, I made Grandmother from scratch!)

image.thumb.png.585a8200971a6d666b925be12b999be4.png

And we finally found roots, so it looks like we've got a good start this time! Though, we don't have any renewable food sources within reach, so perhaps this isn't as good as I originally thought. 

image.thumb.png.f333ee03c7b51e7f505e5653ff24cd0a.png

Well, that's really all I can do for now... I'll bring more updates in the future!

• Like 5

Ah yes, as soon as I get back I find Grandmother getting attacked by a bearyeena. Well, she has one strength and everybody else is a baby, so we're solving this with console commands. I mean, we just started, I'm not letting everyone get eaten just yet! (No pictures for right now... I'm writing this without internet.) Ooh! And it came with a baby! Grandmother tames it and takes it under her care.

A few days later all the babies finally grew up! Now they can walk and... that's about it. I guess we'll just have to wait another 35 days until they become teens. In the mean time, Grandmother breeds with the now fully grown bearyeena. Though, the pregnancy duration has been set to 12 days, so nothing interesting is going to happen for a while.

Two or three days later, everything starts to fall apart. Not only has another bearyeena attacked (I'm fixing this with console commands too) but we're also completely out of food! Luckily though, there's enough roots near us to fix this for now, but we'll have to keep this in mind for the future. Well, now that we've got that solved, we should focus on collecting nesting material, really boring. I'll post again once the little ones have grown up so we can start doing interesting stuff again.

• Like 2

While waiting for everyone to grow up, Grandmother encounters two new nichelings, and decides to care for them (Is anybody surprised at this point?) Their names are Thooldi and Kreepho.

Yeah, I know were almost out of food, but they're super interesting! Kreepho is the Bringer of Night and Guardian of the Moon. Thooldi is - well, I still don't know if I want to make him part of the story yet.

1147028815_ThooldiHesjustsointeresting!.thumb.png.8af837b210a7d4b8bcf238b7ec1dcef6.png1056697614_Kreephothepredetoroftheskies..thumb.png.7bb3f2f2b2c2810c8d1f27c048710390.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KittyDragon said:

While waiting for everyone to grow up, Grandmother encounters two new nichelings, and decides to care for them (Is anybody surprised at this point?) Their names are Thooldi and Kreepho.

Yeah, I know were almost out of food, but they're super interesting! Kreepho is the Bringer of Night and Guardian of the Moon. Thooldi is - well, I still don't know if I want to make him part of the story yet.

1147028815_ThooldiHesjustsointeresting!.thumb.png.8af837b210a7d4b8bcf238b7ec1dcef6.png1056697614_Kreephothepredetoroftheskies..thumb.png.7bb3f2f2b2c2810c8d1f27c048710390.png

Thooldi is quite handsome! don't you dare not keep him

Of course I'll keep Thooldi, He's one of my favorite nichelings that I've found so far! It's just that I'm not sure if being a "powerful guardian" really fits him. Though, since Kreepho is the Bringer of Night, we do need a Bringer of Day...