Stray Fawn Community

Grasslands of Acelle

Trinket

This is connected to the thread Lands Lost to Time . (This is to make things a wee bit more organized) @Skysplash8

The current ruler of the Grasslands, but he probably doesn't realize it, is Pidgeon who is played by Skysplash8.

Wolverine's steal fish from the Navarre Pond @Brokenshock and are generally a dangerous nuisance. They also eat the rabbils which is a food source for many non berry pickers in the grasslands.
bbd4705279a444a12210c43b36fdf16a.jpg

Inside a hollow of the Ancient Oaktree is the long lost crown of the grasslands rulers made of petrified wood and petrified acorns. Sometimes an owl-like creature will nest in the hollow when a chipmunk or squirrel isn't using it.

• Like 3

Acornia's tail flicked as she glanced over the waters of the sea, wishing she could breathe beneath its waves and collect the shells in the depths. Yet out there she could see no oak tree.

With a sigh, she turned from the shores and looked in the direction of the grasslands where one large oak stood out with just a couple of smaller ones. She wished there were more so she could have her very own. Those three must already be claimed what with there being so few of them.

20 hours ago, Trinket said:

Skanarr had been listening to the conversation. The peaceful bear had given him pause.

He blinked and shook his head. "Looks like you've got yourself a little helper, Pidgeon. But I came to report that I've taken note of some cracker jaw females here and there. Some may even be hidden in the ice blocks, but it's too cold for me," what with his spiky body and low cold resistance.

"Really?" He surged with hope. What if one of them came upon him? What if... what if one wanted to be his mate? He shook himself. He needed to focus on the Ancient Oak. If a cracker jaw female showed up at the Oak, then he would deal with it. But he wouldn't go to find any like he wanted to. "Thank you, Skanarr. Well, Shybu, we'd better get working." So that there'll be food for any cracker jaw females that appear...

17 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

"Really?" He surged with hope. What if one of them came upon him? What if... what if one wanted to be his mate? He shook himself. He needed to focus on the Ancient Oak. If a cracker jaw female showed up at the Oak, then he would deal with it. But he wouldn't go to find any like he wanted to. "Thank you, Skanarr. Well, Shybu, we'd better get working." So that there'll be food for any cracker jaw females that appear...

Skanarr nodded. "You're welcome. Now I don't mean to alarm you, but I believe I've got a hostile Bearyena to deal with." It wasn't too far from the Ancient Oak and its caretaker, but he was certain he could distract it, lead it away, and whittle away its lifespan.

2 minutes ago, Trinket said:

Skanarr nodded. "You're welcome. Now I don't mean to alarm you, but I believe I've got a hostile Bearyena to deal with." It wasn't too far from the Ancient Oak and its caretaker, but he was certain he could distract it, lead it away, and whittle away its lifespan.

Pidgeon hadn't realized there was a bearyena nearby. He sniffed the air, and, sure enough, he could smell the close-by scent of a Bearyena and it's cub. "I'll help. I'm a bit stronger than you, so we should be able to take it out in no time. Besides, you can heal me, but you can't heal yourself. Better for me to get hurt and you heal me than you get hurt and not be able to be healed, right?"

Skanarr nodded. "This is true. I'll be nearby to help nonetheless. Bearyena's are bad news. But if you can take it down at least there'll be meat and fur for gifts and exchange. The bones and teeth might make nice ornaments, music, or warnings." Although he never stayed long in one area so he let Pidgeon keep everything save for what he needed not to starve himself.

@Skysplash8

1 hour ago, Trinket said:

Skanarr nodded. "This is true. I'll be nearby to help nonetheless. Bearyena's are bad news. But if you can take it down at least there'll be meat and fur for gifts and exchange. The bones and teeth might make nice ornaments, music, or warnings." Although he never stayed long in one area so he let Pidgeon keep everything save for what he needed not to starve himself.

@Skysplash8

"I'll lead the way, then. Shybu, you stay here at the Oak, alright? Or at least stay with your Bear." Pidgeon sniffed the air once more and then went toward the grass where he could smell the bearyena. He parted the grass to find, sure enough, a mother bearyena and her cub.

Seedling fluttered down from the top branch of her oak tree to where Evergreen was playing on the ground. 

“Time for beddy-bye,” she sighed, gripping the kit’s scruff in her beak. She gently lifted Evergreen into the air and plopped her gently in her nest.

Skanarr nodded. "Very well." He followed Pidgeon, not noticing the youth going toward some other more dangerous tree.

He did, however, blink when he saw from a distance one of the winged nichlings fly from one of the few oaks of the grasslands. "Should we warn them about the Bearyena and its cub, or wait until its been taken care of?"

@Skysplash8

2 hours ago, Trinket said:

Skanarr nodded. "Very well." He followed Pidgeon, not noticing the youth going toward some other more dangerous tree.

He did, however, blink when he saw from a distance one of the winged nichlings fly from one of the few oaks of the grasslands. "Should we warn them about the Bearyena and its cub, or wait until its been taken care of?"

@Skysplash8

A low growl is heard. 

Mr. Stalker has pinned down a bearyena...

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Trinket said:

He did, however, blink when he saw from a distance one of the winged nichelings fly from one of the few oaks of the grasslands. "Should we warn them about the Bearyena and its cub, or wait until its been taken care of?"

@Skysplash8

"Let's just kill it. No need to warn anybody if there isn't anything to warn them about, right?" Pidgeon watched the bearyena. It hadn't noticed them. it was eating some meat with it's cub, probably from some rabbil. "On three. One, two, THREE!" Pidgeon leaped forwards and swiped at the bearyena. It turned around slowly. Pidgeon swiped at it's eyes. The bearyena yowled as it blindly struck out at Pidgeon. One of it's claws caught on Pidgeon's nose, and a bead of blood appeared there.

5 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

"Let's just kill it. No need to warn anybody if there isn't anything to warn them about, right?" Pidgeon watched the bearyena. It hadn't noticed them. it was eating some meat with it's cub, probably from some rabbil. "On three. One, two, THREE!" Pidgeon leaped forwards and swiped at the bearyena. It turned around slowly. Pidgeon swiped at it's eyes. The bearyena yowled as it blindly struck out at Pidgeon. One of it's claws caught on Pidgeon's nose, and a bead of blood appeared there.

Skanarr nodded. This was Pidgeon's area anyway and there was no way a Bearyena was going to last. He hoped. At least it wasn't one of those weird humungous Killer Bearyena's.

With a low growl of his own, which was not as intimidating as some other nichlings with different snout types, he followed Pidgeon's lead and rounded to the other side of Bearyena Mama. His claw outstretched and his head down to charge at the beast. His claw raked down its backside and some distance above that his ram horns hit into it. Blood drizzled on his claws. With it having gone after Pidgeon first it now began toward him, but as it saw his spiky body it gave pause with claws midair.

"One more good hit and she'll be down!"

1 hour ago, Trinket said:

Skanarr nodded. This was Pidgeon's area anyway and there was no way a Bearyena was going to last. He hoped. At least it wasn't one of those weird humungous Killer Bearyena's.

With a low growl of his own, which was not as intimidating as some other nichlings with different snout types, he followed Pidgeon's lead and rounded to the other side of Bearyena Mama. His claw outstretched and his head down to charge at the beast. His claw raked down its backside and some distance above that his ram horns hit into it. Blood drizzled on his claws. With it having gone after Pidgeon first it now began toward him, but as it saw his spiky body it gave pause with claws midair.

Another growl is heard. 2 other other bearyenas. They are right next to a small poison-fanged Nicheling. She is whimpering in fear but not at the Bearyenas but at pidgeon and Snakarr.

20 hours ago, Trinket said:

18 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

Another growl is heard. 2 other other bearyenas. They are right next to a small poison-fanged Nicheling. She is whimpering in fear but not at the Bearyenas but at pidgeon and Snakarr.

Pidgeon sees the small nicheling and the bearyenas. "It's okay, I won't hurt you! And they won't hurt you, either!" He swipes at the bearyena mother and it roars in pain. He deemed it defeated and rushed over to the other bearyenas. "Skanarr, help me! We gotta kill the bearyenas and protect this child!"

2 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Pidgeon sees the small nicheling and the bearyenas. "It's okay, I won't hurt you! And they won't hurt you, either!" He swipes at the bearyena mother and it roars in pain. He deemed it defeated and rushed over to the other bearyenas. "Skanarr, help me! We gotta kill the bearyenas and protect this child!"

"stop!" she cries and moves away from Pidgeon.

Get away, she mumbles