Stray Fawn Community

Blue-eyed babies

VankirvanJD

This may not be necessary but I thought this could add a little touch of detail. Some animals (including some people) are born with blue eyes that later become darker as time goes on. This is due to lack of melanin that the animal is born with but will eventually gain. Domestic cat kittens, for example, are always born with blue eyes that start getting hints of green/orange/whatever adult eye color the closer they are to adulthood (this usually begins at 6-7 weeks). By the time they are adults their eyes will no longer be blue (unless the cat is supposed to have blue eyes throughout its life).

Nichelings would be born with blue eyes that they will keep through the baby and child stages. When they are teens they have a ring of their adult color around their pupil, and when they are an adult they have no blue at all. If a nicheling has blue eyes in its dominant allele then its eyes won't change of course. Again this is just a little detail and it doesn't even occur in all animals but I thought I'd still suggest it. :) 

4093333da400a971ad3dfa84c14db95b.thumb.jpg.b2e7f7d292ccdd04a57be94daf033777.jpg

the above picture is a jaguar or leopard with melanism (black panther) and as you can see it has faint markings. thought id take the opportunity to link this suggestion which suggests faint markings for melanistic creatures https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/4753-melanism-has-faint-patterns/

bottle-babies-community-concern-for-cats-how-much-to-feed-a-cat-chart-australia-luna-in-food-per-day-wet-uk.thumb.jpg.9dea3a943704d85069ee0e8e151d59bb.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.c87eb5a11fae81f1ee2d2dfae73ce7a1.jpg

Another baby-related suggestion I posted:

• Like 2

6 replies to this post

1 hour ago, Jojo said:

Kinda related and unrelated. I was born with blue eyes but when I was four they turned green. BOOM! I want this XD

Awesome! One of my cousins was born with dark blue eyes that became brown before she was a year old haha (sorry for responding an hour after seeing your comment)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

Awesome! One of my cousins was born with dark blue eyes that became brown before she was a year old haha (sorry for responding an hour after seeing your comment)

My mothers eyes only turned green when she was 13. I imagine that as super freaky like you don't remember it when you are 3 or so years old but when you are 13?!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jojo said:

My mothers eyes only turned green when she was 13. I imagine that as super freaky like you don't remember it when you are 3 or so years old but when you are 13?!

Woah I've never heard of it taking so long for them to change 😮 That must have been a shock haha

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 9:49 AM, Jojo said:

I have blue eyes, i'm 13 and my mother had green eyes. What if I didn't get blue eyes from my father? what if I got green eyes instead??? ahh

• Like 3