Stray Fawn Community

Playing and chasing for youngsters (gain stats)

VankirvanJD

After posting the blue-eyed baby suggestion I started thinking about other things that could be added for little nichelings. And so I came up with playing and chasing.

Baby animals playfight, spar, chase each other and prey items, climb, just have a good time you know. But these activities benefit the baby for it's future as an independent adult. When baby bears playfight they sharpen fighting skills, when horse foals chase each other they build muscle that will let them run faster.

Any nicheling will have the potential to gain +1 Strength, +1 Defense, or +1 Speed if they have 3 or less on that stat (if they have 4 or more on any of these stats then they can't get a bonus). But only if they playfight/chase as a baby or child a certain amount of times. So make sure they have siblings or cousins, cause if not they're getting nada ;)

Playfighting would just be an action where you hover over a young nicheling with another young one (baby and child stages) and select playfight. Playfighting will give your nichelings a chance at having a bonus stat (+1 strength or defense) when they become teens/adults.
-This can possibly depend on who they play with. For example if a baby plays with a child then when the baby is grown it will get a defense bonus, since it had to defend itself against the larger child. This could be vice versa also, with the child getting strength for fighting the baby.
-Or their bonus could instead depend on their actions. If one youngster is always initiating the playfighting then it might get a strength bonus, while the one who is at the end of the action often might get a defense bonus.

Playfighting can perhaps be extended to mock-fighting in teenagers that will also give bonuses.

Chasing would work differently, and by this I mean chasing prey. Rabbils are the only small land animals available so baby and child nichelings could "pounce" or "attack" on a nearby rabbil. The rabbil will not get hurt and will skitter away, but this gives the baby a chance at having a speed bonus.

The baby/child (and possibly teen) will need to do/be the recipient of the action 4(?) times to get a bonus, and this number can increase if your nichelings live longer due to changed settings.

Tom-Mangelsen-Polar-Play.jpg.d5a80eaf1aea20c4f23152945eb5cbd5.jpg

61b8Dlos1RL._SX425_.jpg.f019f2d17e5469c5dc8655a99d399cab.jpg

cheetah_gazelle.jpg.0c3f5896fe1a15c8aa6c585a3e0be0d2.jpg

Blue eye suggestion:

Edited by VankirvanJD
  • Like 5

9 replies to this post

1 hour ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

I believe what @VankirvanJD meant is that if a nicheling would normally have a stat of 4+, then that nicheling wouldn’t be able to gain any bonuses.

Ooh that makes more sense.

6 minutes ago, Jojo said:

I like it. I am not sure how balanced it is but I like it :D

Yes I'm not too sure either. What do you think, should they have to perform the actions more? I was unsure about the amount because I didn't want them to grow up before they could get the bonuses

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

Yes I'm not too sure either. What do you think, should they have to perform the actions more? I was unsure about the amount because I didn't want them to grow up before they could get the bonuses

Yeah I don't know. I mean especially defense in itself is very overpowered as it is already so I am not sure if we should gain it at all. I mean gaining stats like this in itself is a little difficult because in the end the Nicheling might be a little stronger, but it wouldn't be able to do something that laid outside of the possibilty of its genes so I am not sure if we wouldn't need whole new bonus category/ stat for something like this.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jojo said:

Yeah I don't know. I mean especially defense in itself is very overpowered as it is already so I am not sure if we should gain it at all. I mean gaining stats like this in itself is a little difficult because in the end the Nicheling might be a little stronger, but it wouldn't be able to do something that laid outside of the possibilty of its genes so I am not sure if we wouldn't need whole new bonus category/ stat for something like this.

maybe it gives a small chance of defense?

or with attack, it increases the chance of success?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Arteskue said:

I think 1 because it would be op if a 12 attack nicheling had +4 to make 16 attack! That basically kills anything under 40 days with 3 turns.

I believe what @VankirvanJD meant is that if a nicheling would normally have a stat of 4+, then that nicheling wouldn’t be able to gain any bonuses.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jojo said:

I was thinking there could be a limit. For example, if a nicheling has 4 or more strength it can't get a bonus, same with defense and speed. I feel like that would be fair?

13 hours ago, VankirvanJD said:

I was thinking there could be a limit. For example, if a nicheling has 4 or more strength it can't get a bonus, same with defense and speed. I feel like that would be fair?

I think 1 because it would be op if a 12 attack nicheling had +4 to make 16 attack! That basically kills anything under 40 days with 3 turns.