Stray Fawn Community

A Challenge for Everybody!

Sky

So, you know that challenge I made, An Honestly Hard Challenge? Well, I upgraded it (I'll post the upgrade soon). And it's hard. So let's see who can survive the longest!

Reply to join. I'll make a list here. Once you join, you can start the challenge. Just make sure to write your journal in the Playthroughs. (you don't have to quote me or anything, I'll find it!) Unlimited amount of people are allowed to join. The only goal of this challenge is to survive as long as possible. You may travel to a different island, but it can't be an easier one; it has to be either the same level or harder (than Grass Mingle; so if you went from Grass Mingle to Deadly Hills, you could go back to a Grass Mingle-level island, but you can't go to Tiny Green.)

IN ADDITION TO THE BELOW SETTINGS, YOU CANNOT USE MUTATIONS!!

YOU MUST ALSO START ON GRASS MINGLE!

The file for the settings, which will hopefully work since I've never tried sharing sandbox settings before:

Honestly Very Hard Chal.sandbox

The settings in case this thing above doesn't work:

20190324205430_1.thumb.jpg.662084845314a8ca6dfe4a4da6e9d96b.jpg

20190324205436_1.thumb.jpg.48f6555a7dd3ba393babe5f6a42431e3.jpg

20190324205439_1.thumb.jpg.d384875977e7b5fe6b8656c3f4318635.jpg

I put webbed paw, gills, and no-pattern in the forbidden genes because I don't like them, plus your creature needs SOMETHING they can do! I put No-Horns in the forbidden genes just to make sure your creature has at least 1 attack, which will help a lot. You can change the name, rank, and gem colors if you so wish.

20190324205508_1.thumb.jpg.b6ceea24f6b0c03fb2374b284dc863ef.jpg

The World Settings are the same as default.

The end! Please reply here to join the challenge! By the way, there isn't a prize, other than the fact that you and everybody else on the forums will know you won.

By the way, this challenge CAN be survived! I have a tribe that is current (barely) surviving on 85 days, with 5 creatures and 20 food. The current breeding pair has had four children, the first three have all been killed before they became teens, and the fourth was just born but she'll probably die soon. (but that will make the defender bear beside her angry and it'll kill the bearyena, so that's good.) By the way, this isn't the tribe I'm using. I'm probably gonna abandon that one and start a new tribe for the journal thing.

A TIP: BEWARE THE LEECHES. If your creature bleeds, they die. If they have spiky body, and another creature licks them, the creature that licked will die. Also, coconuts will probably kill you (I haven't tried), so beware those too.

List of participants:

Skysplash8

@RandomWanderer

@Katumaii

@Larouxia

@medicine cat

@bostonlobstah

@Jojo

@Goggles-kun

@RandomWanderer

@Lilytuft 

@jutzi.sophie

@Brokenshock

@Arteskue

@heyitsgeorgie  

@Renio2490

@JessiMew!

@chrome aka C0ffeebeans

@ValkyrieWolff

@Flopity

@Alcachofi

@MelonNicheling

• Like 9

I actually tried to do something similar to this with a save I had called “Don’t Slip”, where it was basically just that

Also if you really want to be an epic gamer (or just an idiot), start on Deadly Hills or any island coined as “Deadly”! Home Island does not count!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I actually tried to do something similar to this with a save I had called “Don’t Slip”, where it was basically just that

Also if you really want to be an epic gamer (or just an idiot), start on Deadly Hills or any island coined as “Deadly”! Home Island does not count!

Frost lands or long winter would be impossibly hard. The deadly hills are easy enough if you get lucky with distasteful traits or good senses

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JessiMew said:

Ahhh this challenge looks incredible - I'd love to give it a try in the future! *o* Would you mind if I documented my attempt in video form?

(tries to keep self from screaming) Of course! :D You can also change some things if you want, like shortening the adult lifespans or something. You can of course start on a different island and travel wherever you want, though personally I'd have a rule like 'no breeding on easy islands' so you can't stay out for danger for too long 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

(tries to keep self from screaming) Of course! :D for an extra challenge, you could even turn down the adult lifespan ;) (it gets a bit easy after a while) I also recommend starting on a harder island-- it's more entertaining xD (though Grass Mingle can still be hard when you have no strength genes)

https://twitter.com/SkyeAether/status/1112080713405341697

You're welcome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1