Stray Fawn Community

New Genes 023: Cuttlefish (An underwater ninja)

Biogamer

A post from BirdsareCool said a cuttlefish head was wanted, but why stop there. The cuttlefish in my opinion is cute, smart and one pretty hard animal to find. Now a Cuttle fish head does seem like a great idea, I just don't see it. But the eyes, the eyes defiantly can be used. The W eyes (can't think of a name) would be unlocked by inviting a nicheling with this gene into your tribe. The effects would be +1 eyesight on land but +2 underwater.

Next would be in my opinion one of the most op genes as well as the hardest to get. The cuttle body is obtained by surviving 100 days, swimming 70 times/inviting a nicheling this gene into your tribe. The effects would be +2 stealth, +1 swimming, +1 distasteful appearance, +1 Odor Disguise (Scentless). The body is designed solely to make it almost impossible for predators/prey to find your nichelings. However I think the effects should be used while in water, write what you think below.

And finally is a new hind leg set, the tentacles. Now I could do this with the octopus but cuttle fish has two tentacles like squids that grasp and secure prey. Because of this it would likely be obtained by inviting a nicheling with this gene into your tribe. The effects would be worth it being +1speed, +1 swimming plus an option you guys chose. It would either be +1 fishing or a new effect, inking. The effect would only work in water and would act somewhat similar to strong voice but for 2 turns, making a quick getaway.

Hope this was interesting, Sincerely Biogamer.

download.jpg

• Like 1

4 replies to this post

3 hours ago, Biogamer said:

The W eyes (can't think of a name)

How does Cuttlefish Eyes sound? Also, I like your suggestion and I agree that cuttlefishes are pretty cute. Though, judging that I made an old suggestion called “squid body” that couldn’t really decide how the inking idea would work, I’m not so sure that may be possible. But everything else seems to be fine in my book!

shouldn't there also be a pattern gene called chromatophores? Those are the organs that enable a cuttlefish to change color to scare predators, hide, fool other cuttlefish, hypnotize prey and etc. Maybe the cuttle body should have its distasteful appearance removed because that is a product of the color change

When tagging other users you should use an @ so that they get a notification that they've been mentioned. Also, not to be pernickity or anything, but the are in my username is a capital A :D

The cuttlefish head can be found in the comments of this post. I love this idea, I think it's really cute xD

There's a post here for different pupil shapes which includes a wavy pupil like the cuttlefish's. Please upvote it guys, I made a post not realising it had already been suggested and it got merged with the original. All the votes were reset :(

There are also a couple of chameleon bodys, which also do the colour change thing. The first one is based on the popular myth that chameleons use colour change to blend into their surroundings, and the second is based on how chameleons actually use their colour change

Also a link to the squid body @Goggles-kun mentioned so you don't have to go looking for it yourself ;)

• Like 1