Stray Fawn Community

GIF Collection

Vernaron

Fastest ramjet startup I've managed yet, 0.3 seconds from go to boom, with a combination of pulse and normal engines. 42.7 seconds for the whole course.

Still not good enough to defeat Pirhana-A in phoenix, they must have one mean machine!  15th place is 51 seconds, 13th place is 41!

zL6hLkT.gif

• Paw up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nimbatus_GIF_202001230234054822.gif.9629ae4b110b9b1e646722d6464a8943.gif

A factory printing factorys that print small cursor following weapons. Eat that snake!
Btw: The snake is enraged when an egg is destroyed, but it don't really know where to go. So this may be a bit unfair...

In case someone is wondering where the energy is coming from: engineer cap and a factory printing batteries :)

A camera module on each minidrone will keep em on screen in average.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The whole racing cleanup worked to my advantage!  The Jellyfish has risen to #3 #4 worldwide in Phoenix Raceways without having to change a thing!

...and I suspect shenanigans there, given that #2 and #3 are an entire 15 seconds faster and there is no #1.  Maybe I'm #1 o_o

Have I mentioned how nice it is to be able to rotate drones now?  I can skim closer than I ever have!  A #14 finish at 17.354 s:

ri4hvvF.gif

Also a first try at two-stage starting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When a new design hits every wall and still crosses finish seconds faster than my last best, that's a good sign.  I refined it into this.

S6Oshtq.gif

Technically a very very short dragger, the dragger part does the fine steering, and the back engines only do very very rough steering to avoid walls or make especially tight turns.  (Plus a few more logic tricks.)  This means the back 4 engines spend nearly all their time active.

33.6 seconds on Cygnus.  Still has issues with deceleration pads and can't finish other courses.

[edit] 33.5!  Top 20!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...