Stray Fawn Community

GIF Collection

Vernaron

I tried something like that with an orbital satellite I think. Using a, "Jet pack", of sorts to get the AB up to speed, then detaching it to save fuel. I tried to use it to get the snake on planets to follow the satellite, while my mini drone destroyed eggs. Didn't work well :/. turns out the snake will also follow a mini drone.

Just want to share another one of my designs, the Fighter Transformer. When the mode changes, so does it's weapon, from multi sticky grenade to minigun lasers!

The transformation is one button, even though the process is two parts! both weapons are connected to the LMB as well.

Nimbatus_GIF_201903281659224766.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201903281701348407.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I also have a base transformation module under the name "Transformation module" in the workshop. The key to make it transform is T. If your going to sync up motorized hinges to it, sync them to the trigger impulses 

Nimbatus_GIF_201903281707108884.gif

• Like 2

Here is another transformer I made. It switches between a mining mode that turns better, and a bombardier mode with much better movement thrusters. As usual, both weapons are controlled by the LMB, and the transformation is one button.

Nimbatus_GIF_201903290749425203.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201903290750019103.gif

• Like 1

Very cool gifs, thank you a lot for sharing :) Lovely and clever constructions.

Trick: The GIF Capture tool does not care about framerate. This means even if you activate Bloom and AA and the game lags, if you make a GIF with the internal recording tool, it will still be smooth :) We have one player who made a huuuuuge drone which run with 0.2fps or so, but all his gifs run smoothly :) 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, corona_wind said:

I couldn't outsmart the snake.  It still harasses innocent miners sometimes.  Just got to move faster than it.

As far as I understand, every enemy -- the snake as well -- attacks whatever is closest. Size, damage, speed, nothing seems to matter other than proximity. At least that is what I gather from sending lures out in space (worry not, I clean up always).

As for your drift compensation, I fail to see what trick you are referring to, all the while having copied your drone entirely. Any hint?

• Haha 1

The outer rotors turn more than the inner one because the inner rotor is slower.  This lets it anticipate curves instead of falling behind them, but rides the ragged edge of oversteering.  Quote or select for details.  speed 80 for inner rotor, speed 100 for outer rotors

• Like 1

Since guns are enabled on the time trials races, I've been wanting to make a decent gun-based racer. I decided I was also only going to use a single VTOL for the guidance system.

2105846376_VictoryLapOp.gif.ad7d5ddf1134beafd228a6890e037ffe.gif

Rockets give nice and smooth recoil, but shotguns are ultimately the best if you can deal with the jerking. You also have to limit the recoil or the guns self-destruct.

781373733_ShotCrazyOp.gif.9f39cd73a5b1b8419447473c12efac10.gif

There's also a sweet spot in the guidance head's angular inertia. Too much, it can't turn sharp enough. Too little and it dances back and forth.

437536027_ShotSmoothOp.gif.fd7ea434aff3e3180f9c709b6244a5e6.gif

Best I could manage was a time of about 22.4 seconds, which isn't too bad.

571698416_GunSpear.jpg.0366063c1fc340e06866db307997a0fc.jpg

• Like 3

Oh yeah. Assuming you're using afterburners on the main craft for racing, the 'launcher' stage should pretty much always be high recoil shotguns. They get the afterburners ignited almost instantly for far fewer parts than conventional thrusters. As an added bonus, they don't compete for fuel from the main stage.

Only downside is things need to be really well built and balanced or the craft gets damaged or sent into the wall.

Cool Guy. Thinking about AB on spinners, I decided to make one for sumo. The Hyper Hurricane! It starts up with a couple pulse engines and moves via a couple VTOLS. The circular design along with afterburners creates a spinner that is almost untouchable!

I also have him fighting my training carrier, Basic Carrier

Nimbatus_GIF_201903302236085523.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201903302239533805.gif

• Like 1