Stray Fawn Community

GIF Collection

Vernaron

All it is is a direction indicator, four engines, and some tanks.  The placement of the engines is very finicky, closer to the center and it moves faster but stalls at a nudge, too far out and it spins really fast but does more spinning than racing.

Screen%20Shot%202019-03-31%20at%203.15.1

• Like 1

I have discovered how to unseat a fidget spinner:  Magnetic flux.  If it can't touch you, it can't throw you off course...  And with that out of the equation any good sized bot is four times stronger than it.

dQFbbz0.gif

Cheesed an entire galaxy of two and three star arenas with it.

• Like 2

Lovely, very lovely ideas here xD 

I'm also very happy that @Hex7 posted the weapon-based racing drone :) Micha was the one who said we should not block weapons in singleplayer racing because he wants the possibility of recoil as possible means for movement. Great you found a good working solution :) Maybe we should add a racing mode where thrusters are not allowed xD Crawling anyone?

Keep posting those nice ideas, very inspiring!

• Like 1

I was thinking while building the gun racer that it would be a cool additional challenge (in addition to manual and autonomous modes) to have a Single-VTOL-Guidance challenge. All sensors are forbidden and you can only use a single VTOL block in addition to whatever primary thrust source you're using. It'd be a really difficult balancing act to try getting the most responsiveness possible out of a single tiny block.

Probably shouldn't be a thing for races with death pads, but everything else seems possible.

• Like 1

Sensor-only guidance could be fun too, no "rabbit", just watching walls gravity and hazards.  That's really really "fun" and takes a smarter drone.  Though not that smart.  Ever had a drone get 3/4 of the way to the finish line, decide "screw this" and turn back?  All the way to the starting line?  Fun times...

• Like 2

Just thought that I should show my newest project... Not named anything yet, just Flagship. The main drone can rotate between two main weapons, has an auto shield, and houses all of the logic. It is accompanied by two orbiting fighter drones, and a satellite. The drones have auto aiming and firing turrets, while the satellite has manual aiming and firing weapons 

Nimbatus_GIF_201904011314582641.gif

20190401131540_1.jpg

• Like 2

MCvd6Gd.png

Some days I'm just not feeling subtle, and sometimes the ecologically sensitive solution to bees is robots which throw dynamite.

Y9sOGFu.gif

It works quite well despite its random and terrifying backfires (usually solved by hitting tab).  Once the factories are ready, single-click launches one missile, double-click launches two, then hold, then let go to detonate.  One click gets a hammerhead.  Two gets a genade launcher.

The entire craft rotates to point at the cursor.  It's weirdly accurate.  It can william-tell a corporate fighter from across the screen with enough ordnance to carry it backwards like a bug on a windshield.

Incidentally, did you know corporate forcefields aren't dynamite-proof?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I've come back to Nimbatus after a hiatus for the update which Steam completely refuses to download, at all.  But I'm still having fun beating all my old racing scores.

zip2by4.gif
The Firebat, eating up Cygnus in 35.8 seconds.

O6XF15e.gif
Water Scorpion, beating Hydrus in 1:10 for a #29 finish.

3XK9vDB.gif
...and then Phoenix in 51 seconds for a #14 finish

I'll get it updated soon, then watch out.

• Like 1

Thank you @corona_wind for posting these gifs. Very cool constructions! We intentionally don't show the players constructions in racing, so whenever somebody is sharing their constructions, we're double happy :) Keep 'em coming, and congrats to steadily improving your own best times!

• 2 weeks later...