Stray Fawn Community

Angel's Homethread

Americans don't even comply yet with our European standards for labs. It sounds less terrible at least if compared with what people thought in the last hundred years. And some more. Things changed up a lot when animal rights got attached to other movements. That was the main reason for why people changed their minds in the past. But where is the peak of that curve? I don't know if we'll ever get much farther than leaving some more sapient creatures well alone.

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Spacestar TheThundersuncat said:

Americans don't even comply yet with our European standards for labs. It sounds less terrible at least if compared with what people thought in the last hundred years. And some more. Things changed up a lot when animal rights got attached to other movements. That was the main reason for why people changed their minds in the past. But where is the peak of that curve? I don't know if we'll ever get much farther than leaving some more sapient creatures well alone.

Crows are also top contenders for not yet rewarded sapience. Which is to explain my prior point, before I sound rabid about birds. It's not fair to compare "can feel surprise" with others that can even develop depression, like parrots.

Margot - Stellers Jay (Epsilon)
Alison - White-Necked Raven (Layton/Professor)
Mike - King Penguin (Halli)
Gabriel - Black-Footed Cat (Malchom)

Cap - Golden Jackal (Larunda)
Julian - Prairie Vole (Isolde) 
Pat - Black Bear (Isabella; aka Belle)
Thomas - Grey Catbird (Juliet)
Humphrey - N/A; severed with beheading (Ricefield Rat; Eurydice) 
Robin -  Unsettled (Robin; aka Rob)

Kitty - Axolotl (Dorian)
Fanny - Pubescent Carpenter Bee (Richard)
Mary - Black-And-White Owl (Diligence)

5 hours ago, wikipedia [he/him] said:

BBC Ghosts Daemon AU

Margot - Stellers Jay (Epsilon)
Alison - White-Necked Raven (Layton/Professor)
Mike - King Penguin (Halli)
Gabriel - Black-Footed Cat (Malchom)

Cap - Golden Jackal (Larunda)
Julian - Prairie Vole (Isolde) 
Pat - Black Bear (Isabella; aka Belle)
Thomas - Grey Catbird (Juliet)
Humphrey - N/A; severed with beheading (Ricefield Rat; Eurydice) 
Robin -  Unsettled (Robin; aka Rob)

Kitty - Axolotl (Dorian)
Fanny - Pubescent Carpenter Bee (Richard)
Mary - Black-And-White Owl (Diligence)

"It's bigger than the place we're renting," Alison offers, glancing between the penguin near Mike's feet and Mike himself.
Halli snorts- if a penguin can do that- and rolls her eyes, shuffling on the spot. "It's also over our budget," she counters, looking up at Alison (who strains a polite smile at the estate agent in turn). 
"Uh, well, does it have a garden?" 

The goat daemon taps her hooves on her human's foot to get his attention- he glances up from his phone with a blink. "No, but the downstairs flat has one you can look at." 
Alison and Mike give a worried glance to each other, Layton ruffling his dark wings with a less than polite mutter. (The agent's phone rings, and the goat apologises to them with a bow, trotting after the worried looking man). 

"This is terrible," Layton says, hopping off from Alison's shoulder and onto the tap with a disgruntled shuffle. Halli nods, tipping her beak at the raven. 
"I have to agree with Professor-" ("It's Layton!") "-and please, just look at this mess!" 
Alison sucks a breath through her teeth, glancing outside. "At least it has a nice view of the street?" 
Mike nods, a nervous smile spreading across his face. "Buddy and Kane's Fish Pizza. We like both of those things." Halli gives a disgusted hum in response. 

Alison sighs, rubbing her eyes. "Yeah, no, they're right. It's rubbish." 
"It's awful."
"It's so bad." 
"And we hate it!" 

"Fair enough," the agent nods, causing the four to jolt in their spots. "I wouldn't buy this place either." The agents next words are cut off by a ring, to which Layton fishes Alison's phone out of her pocket. 

*"Hello, is this Alison Cooper and Layton?"*
"Speaking."
*"Ah, we're calling about a house."*
"We're only looking at flats. We can't afford a house."
*"This house isn't for sale."*
(Alison raises an eyebrow at Layton). "Then why are you even calling?" 
*"I'm calling to say you've inherited a house."* 

-----

The parrot points at a small picture in the corner of the page. "That's you two in the corner there." 
"So, they were like... my step-great auntie and dae?" 
The man blinks, withholding a sigh. "There's no real term for what you are, but she sadly had no direct relatives, and therefore you are the only two." 

Mike awkwardly shifts in his chair, correcting his tie. "I feel like I'm in the headmasters office, besides the parrot." 
Halli hits her head against the table's leg with an audible 'thunk'. "Is that really necessary, Mike?" 
"I once pushed a seed into a dog dae's ear," he laughs, "-and their person tried to take it out but ended up pushing it further in and then they had to go to the doctors." 
The solicitor and Alison share a look. 
"It wasn't AnE," Halli adds, after an uncomfortable beat of silence. "They're pastry chefs now, if that helps." 

Layton hops over and rests his claws against Halli's beak. "No, it's not helping." 
They decide to pointedly ignore the crunch of Mike eating potpourri. 

"Ah, well," The parrot nudges the tablet over to them. "This is Lady Heather Button and Sir Orchid." 
On the tablet, there's a greyscale image of a smartly dressed woman and a surprisingly large.. rabbit with a neat bowtie. 

• Like 1

I challenge to become Uncyclopedia for a day.

Basically spread misinformation about anything you want (you can add a little disclaimer at the end of each post)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, wikipedia [he/him] said:

@Yambo OwO you missed the chance to do the YambOwO pun

SOwO vewy foowish of me. I have weawned teh ewow of my ways and I thank yoUwU fow pointing out this TWEACHEWOUS mistake of mine. I shawt wowk my hawdest tOwO ewase this, embawwassing wemindew that shawt haunt my dweams fur teh west of my life. Thank yoUwU.

I'm so sorry.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, YambOwO said:

SOwO vewy foowish of me. I have weawned teh ewow of my ways and I thank yoUwU fow pointing out this TWEACHEWOUS mistake of mine. I shawt wowk my hawdest tOwO ewase this, embawwassing wemindew that shawt haunt my dweams fur teh west of my life. Thank yoUwU.

I'm so sorry.

My eyes

• Haha 3