Stray Fawn Community

Development WIP

Micha

2 hours ago, wolfhowlmay said:

I feel like due to the fact they're all the same species they should have the same life length. the only thing that worries me about the whole increased or decreased age is the fact the health bar is their age bar, so creatures are going to become easier/harder to kill because of their lifespan which personally I don't think makes much sense. perhaps a health bar with the same amount of health as a normal life nicheling (25 days I think? so they can only take 25 damage) should be added in. 

so to make this a little less confusing i mean: if you set a nicheling to be able to live 50 days that means it would take 50 damage to kill them, and if rogue males and wanderers are the same it would take 50 damage to kill a rogue male, which sounds pretty insane. hopefully this makes sense, if it doesn't I can try to explain it more clearly. 

I get what you are saying, but this would sort of have to be overhauled for every animal then and I think maybe rebalanced for longer and shorter lifespans. And I wanted something like this earlier on but now I don't know if we necessarily need it anymore. Yes other Nichelings would be harder to kill but so are all other things with long lifespans (Not that I would mind a health bar I just think currently it would be more trouble than worth, but maybe that'll change once we have the update and I'm super annyoed by every wanderer living so long ^^ )

• Like 3

@Snowy Owl
I don't know yet :D
Will have to figure that out soon. But I think we'll probably need wanderers to live for as long as your tribe members.
Rogue Males could have a shorter life span though.

@wolfhowlmay
That or maybe we can add an adjustable damage modifier in the sandbox settings.
So you could receive let's say 5 damage points when you usually would only get 1 damage. That would also be an interesting setting to make the game harder in general. Maybe even with settings for different types of damage? So you could deal hunger deal you 10 damage but only 2 from a cactus for example.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Philo said:

@Snowy Owl
Will have to figure that out soon. But I think we'll probably need wanderers to live for as long as your tribe members.

@wolfhowlmay
So you could receive let's say 5 damage points when you usually would only get 1 damage. That would also be an interesting setting to make the game harder in general. Maybe even with setting different types of damage? So you could deal hunger deal you 10 damage but only 2 from predators for example.

I think the adjustable damage one sounds great :D I would love to be able to make predators hit a lot harder,  but not necesarrily have them have a lot of armor

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Philo said:

@Snowy Owl

@wolfhowlmay
So you could receive let's say 5 damage points when you usually would only get 1 damage. That would also be an interesting setting to make the game harder in general. Maybe even with settings for different types of damage? So you could deal hunger deal you 10 damage but only 2 from a cactus for example. 

Finally, I will be able to be prey!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Philo said:

@Larawolf
Still Q1 2019 ^^
Currently aiming for putting a first version on the perview branch in February.

Oh wow, aiming for February? I was thinking end of March or April. February would be awesome, just as my big semester break begins :D

• Like 1