Stray Fawn Community

Development WIP

Micha

On 2/3/2019 at 5:36 AM, Philo said:

Soon ^^

It's been soon.

also it's almost the last February week. (The week you want it out)

I need to see the bat wings for vampyr...

• Like 1

A week isn't that much. You just can't really rush results. It's a busy time and good work is usually worth waiting for, especially when it comes to the console. The little things matter and new game crashing bugs would be horrible, but likely, if they're not dedicated.

• Like 8

Dude, I'm going to scare my parents even more while talking about my bat-winged insect snouted toxic-bodied webbed-hindlegged crippled paw diggers paw hammer tail horned hybrids!

that was a mouthful! ouch

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

A week isn't that much. You just can't really rush results. It's a busy time and good work is usually worth waiting for, especially when it comes to the console. The little things matter and new game crashing bugs would be horrible, but likely, if they're not dedicated.

I know, we’re just excited!

• Like 2

Also please don't forget that we are working on two games.
(And a very early prototype for a third one too.)
With Nimbatus, we're still in early access and need to fullfil features we promised in the Kickstarter.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Philo said:

With Nimbatus, we're still in early access and need to fullfil features we promised in the Kickstarter.

third game?? :0!!

please dont try to run too many things at once if its stressful- if you need to work on your other games take a break from niche updates! it is technically finished so we cant be too demanding if nimbatus players dont have a finished game yet!

• Like 3

@heyitsgeorgie
Yeah, a third one, but still super early :)
We'll share it here as soon as there is anything presentable xD

Yes it's true that it can be stressful to work on multiple things at the same time, because you constantly need to switch your brain around between projects. That is why we're currently working on Niche in "weeks". So we will be working on Niche one whole week and then work on the other things again for some weeks. Next week will be a Niche week, so we will have new stuff to share then ^^

• Like 6

We also always have to try our best to remain sustainable.
Our studio now has to be able to sustain 10 people. (Though many of us work part time, so it would be about 5-6 full time employees).
In Switzerland (were we work and live), that means costs of about $30'000 every month. 
The big money from games usually comes in when you launch (Early Access launch und full launch).
In a "normal" month, where no big launches or sales are happening, we depend on the money we made earlier.
So, we constantly have to work towards another launch in order to remain sustainable and be able to make games we (and you!) love for many more years hopefully ❤️

• Like 6

Working on your projects in weeks sounds useful. I once tried to work on two different stories at once and that doesn't work very well. The characters start bleeding over into each other. So I totally get it. And I agree with everyone above we are excited but it is worth waiting for :D

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Philo said:

W0AH

3rd game?!

I'll try to convince my mom to at least allow me to make a 10$ donation to the kickstarter if there is one!

Now I am more curious about It instead... hmmm... when will you release the name and a little bit more about it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Nicheling said:

Is this the third game??

image.thumb.png.80880ce06b6e5d9e44b4c977e9867443.png

Well it's being DEVELOPED by team maniax which isn't stray fawn studio. it's just being published by them.

Yeah, Retimed isn't our third game :)
We help them with marketing and work in the same office.
The new game doesn't have a name yet.
The plan is to make a building simulation game where you build up a settlement on the back of a huge animal that walks around.
But it's also still possible that we find out the concept doesn't work and do something else ^^

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Philo said:

The plan is to make a building simulation game where you build up a settlement on the back of a huge animal that walks around.
But it's also still possible that we find out the concept doesn't work and do something else ^^

wait I think I saw concept art for that on twitter a while ago! either that or I'm going insane. it sounds amazing though!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Philo said:

Oh boy a building simulator by the guys that made Niche? I truly fear for my free time now ^^

• Like 9

Yes, I think the art will be amazing :D!
We have a new artist for the project, Stephanie Stutz.
This is her website: https://www.artstation.com/stephaniestutz
We have known each other for 15 years now (met her back when I was in school) and we always wanted to make a game together, so I'm super excitet to work with her ^^

She also made the intro video with Adam for Niche and all the promo pictures for Niche (like the one with the flying cat and the one with the Panda Nicheling). That and @Markus will be doing 2d animation for the game. I'm really looking forward to what it will look like! Now I just have to give my best to make it fun, since I'm the game designer xD

• Like 6

On 2/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, Philo said:

Ooooh, that concept is amazing and exactly the kind of game I like to play! Plus Stephanie's artwork is just absolutely stunning! If you do a kickstarter for it, I will definitely be supporting it!

• Like 4