Stray Fawn Community

Using the Console

pebbleheart

so... i have been using the console for some tiny things... but i still don't know all the commands and want to learn more. i do know that the console is very buggy, but i thought that it would be helpful for other people to know some console commands too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pebbleheart said:

so... i have been using the console for some tiny things... but i still don't know all the commands and want to learn more. i do know that the console is very buggy, but i thought that it would be helpful for other people to know some console commands too.

Well, to change genes, if you want to change the creature's ears, you type setgene earsbig

If you want to set recessive and active genes you type, setgene earsbig earscarnivore

To make it not buggy, exit the save file then re enter it.

• Thanks 1

The only worrying bugs left are...

1) earless, colourless nichelings after removing things like batsnout and melanism. (Since they cover geneslots). Like Brokenshock said, loading the save again fixes it.

2) Nichelings eternally stuck with one movement. Can always happen when you change the genes of a baby. Speed genes and age, especially.

How to fix it: age them back to the baby stage. Skip the day until they grow up naturally. If teen starts at 5, setting them to 4 is fine

3) explore all fields. No grass will ever regrow on the affected island. No fix

4) Forcing Adam's family to respawn. They may now appear on random saves with altered genes. For me, these were...

No paw, swimming paw, scorpion tail, peacock tail, violet eyes, more common horns. Other people found different body types.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1