Development WIP

Philo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 2:18 AM, Micha said:

I'm working on an event system for meteor showers and other events.

Had to test it somehow, then this happened: 😅

barrel_rain.gif

You forgot the 50 million cannons pointed at you :P

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Good day!

I am very much unsure where to post such question, so hopefully I am not too far off here.

Are you planning to release a version of Nimbatus that doesn't go through Steam? I am very much interested in it, but won't buy from this platform for a number of reasons unrelated to your studio, and Humble seems to sell the same Steam version anyway. Other platforms such as Origin are also a no-no for me.

Thanks in advance, and may the Great Drone Overlord grant you assistance in your endeavours.

• Like 2

Good question. We do like the straight forward approach we have with steam during early access, as it allows us to use steam workshop and bring out updates without much effort, wheter for us nor the players. We haven't decided about the full release, though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply. I seem to remember some developers (not all of them professional, mind you) who most simply upload each new version onto their websites. Legend of Grimrock comes to mind, in terms of DRM-free games.

Still, being sure it requires a lot more work than I imagine, I will wait.

Good luck with everything, and may your wishes be processed by our Great Drone Overlord.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We (mostly @Roger and @ArnoJ) have started working on the racing mode :D
Check out these very very early captures!
This afternoon, we even did a little racing competition within the team.
Roger offered to buy a dessert for the winner and the winner was...Roger! Splendid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Philo said:

We (mostly @Roger and @ArnoJ) have started working on the racing mode :D
Check out these very very early captures!
This afternoon, we even did a little racing competition within the team.
Roger offered to buy a dessert for the winner and the winner was...Roger! Splendid.

Inb4 people do drone race derbies

17 hours ago, Lurkily said:

Noice.  What's the significance of the parts of the white track that 'tangle up?

Also, what's the plan for autonomous racing?  Directional sensor waypoints? Track edge detection? 

You have to ask @ArnoJ what the white things are, I guess waypoints.

Edge detection for sure, maybe we let the altimeter or directional sensor align themselves to the middle of the track.
We have not started yet with this. It was just a first test of the spline tool to make tracks and to see how narrow or wide they have to be :)

• Like 2

I like center and edge detection, especially via altimeter (or range, as it may or may not become, with more criteria).  Waypoints have the potential to be badly designed or become a mandatory sensor consideration if you want to win, so perhaps that wasn't my best idea. 

What about a "rabbit"? Dog races ran a rabbit along the track so they would chase it, right? Maybe run a directional target along the center line, always staying ahead of you. 

• Like 1